Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, liking the new page. anyways i recently installed subz in the box. im kinda regreting it cuz i cant listen to them loudly since the license plate starts to rattle so much that it sounds horrible. i tried to "stuff" the license plate so it wouldnt rattle but it still makes that noise. does anyone else have the same problem. i know it has to be kinda hard to be avoid since the subs are so close to the plate. does anyone know how to get around it?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
tightly folded papertowel worked for me. I did that only cuz I hated the vibrating when I shut the hatch. Otherwise, it's something inside the hatch that is vibrating.
Funny thing is, I am dealing with front door rattles since my components hit so hard. Hatch does nothing.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Best bet for license plate rattle? some have used 3M double stick tape. Others have used the dynamat plate mat. I myself found a carpet square, cut out 2 1"x1" squares and used Household Goop to hold it on the back of the plate. Carpet side towards the car for added softness. Also, no scratches!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts