Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 xb and ive started to notice a rattling noise whe I let out the clutch especially at lower RPMs coming from what seems the tranny area. It started doing this 18 miles out of warranty (my luck) and ive since driven it about 900 miles and it doesnt seem to be getting any worse. Its a manual with all stock clutch and tranny components. I do the oil changes myself, so it hasnt gone in for a real full service since 15k miles. Do you think this might be a problem from lack of service? This car is a commuter car and i dont want anything to happen to it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Put her on a lift and shake every thing you can put your hand on. Or try the rare honest mechanic. (this is mostly the people who run the shops)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im justy short on cash and i like doing everything myself unless its way beyond my capability. If anyone else has any ideas, let Me Know!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive been drivng now and it seems to not do it anymore since i installed a obx shift knob./ I don't think it has anything to do with it though, but just thought to keep yall posted.

·
Registered
274 Posts
well, when the clutch is out...and you get a metal tinging noise...its usually the throw out bearing that might be going bad...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.