Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group,
I'm a newbie and wanted to introduce myself as such.
I was wondering what the buzz might be on those performance modules they advertise on eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Toyota-SCION-XB-XA-Performance-Chip-Module-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQitemZ8030736103"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Toyota-SCION-XB-XA-Performance-Chip-Module-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQitemZ8030736103[/
Thanks
CM

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Theyre pieces of crap at best. its basically a resistor that leans out your AF ratio to pump fuel into your engine. its really crappy lemme tell ya. that, and it will really kill your mpg. if you want to do some electronic tuning on the 1nzfe, get a Camcon fuel management or something of that nature.

scott

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
They don't do anything for your car except ruin it.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
From what I have read, people who get them say there's no performance boost from it's PB-S (piggyback-style, kinda like the DC-S stuff) system. It throws the max amount of gas into your engine, which you are lead into thinking that would gain more power, but it doesn't. All it does is flood the vehicle, suffering on mpg and actually making you slower. Please, don't be coaxed by their claims of somethingerothers.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
BTW, welcome to the forums. How 'bout some pics of that PW box of yours? (And we don't accept the line "it's too stock" around here! :D)

Hey, we all started out that way.......... :)

·
lets play beer pong!
274 Posts
dtrain619 said:
BTW, welcome to the forums. How 'bout some pics of that PW box of yours? (And we don't accept the line "it's too stock" around here! :D)

Hey, we all started out that way.......... :)
post it i wanna see

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
admin said:
I belive one of our members has them and his MPG was suffering very badly.
That would be me:( I took it off and saw an immediate gain in mpg. I've only gone through 2 tanks so I can't give an mpg gain est. yet. So far I've noticed at least a 50 mile gain overall. Still only getting about 280 to a full tank w/ the Perrin SRI compared to the 320 I was getting w/ the AEM non dealer CAI. Highly considering going back to it:confused:

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hey, at least someone who has used those things has something to say about it though. It's an unfortunate spending of cash, but thanks for being a guinea pig for us!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all or the feedback! I'll get some pix as soon as I can manage to get my hands on a "roundtuit" LOL
I really hate to mess with it too much since I just clocked over 3k and I'm getting an almost constant 31 mpg!
I try to be easy on the bottom end, but I most always maintain highway speeds with no problem. I love this car!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
code p0171 system too lean will pop up and the OBDII CANBUS will adjust the values to run the car where it should be. I'm looking into getting the ECU's recalibrated so I'll let ClubxB know when that happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.