Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a functional Ram Air Intake very similar to NoKoast's (Link at end). But instead of using the stock airbox and hose, I want to use Spectre modular parts (Thanks to Ninedice for the suggestion). If I want to keep the intake all aluminum and silicone (for looks), should I use flex boots and hump hoses? Or would it be best to simply use the flex hose?

I know I need the use the adjustable MAFS Mount (some tC's had issues when they went with the 3" Mount), and I want to use the Inline Filter with a 4" body. I also think I need to use a 45 deg elbow joint where the intake curves to the engine (behind where the stock airbox is) and a 60 deg elbow to angle the intake toward the inlet.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f69/ram-air-bumper-mod-2nd-gen-31286.html

Spectre Performance - Official Site

Any input would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to making this mod a reality.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you have the money the green XB you linked us to is sick..

I used to make intakes for the turbo PT cruiser and I had it run to the stock hole to the inner fender well where the stock box gets its cool air from..

Adam

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was at home depot yesterday and saw all the heating duct stuff and thought that might work to quickly mock it up. I just don't know if I want to remove my stock air intake multiple times to do it, especially with this chicagoland weather. =/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts