Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to build a functional Ram Air Intake very similar to NoKoast's (Link at end). But instead of using the stock airbox and hose, I want to use Spectre modular parts (Thanks to Ninedice for the suggestion). If I want to keep the intake all aluminum and silicone (for looks), should I use flex boots and hump hoses? Or would it be best to simply use the flex hose?

I know I need the use the adjustable MAFS Mount (some tC's had issues when they went with the 3" Mount), and I want to use the Inline Filter with a 4" body. I also think I need to use a 45 deg elbow joint where the intake curves to the engine (behind where the stock airbox is) and a 60 deg elbow to angle the intake toward the inlet.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f69/ram-air-bumper-mod-2nd-gen-31286.html

Spectre Performance - Official Site

Any input would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to making this mod a reality.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
sounds like fun, the xB2 like an intake tube ID of 2.75" max for proper flow past the MAF. Use coat hangers to mock up the angles or dryer piping then order what you need and post up the pix.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you have the money the green XB you linked us to is sick..

I used to make intakes for the turbo PT cruiser and I had it run to the stock hole to the inner fender well where the stock box gets its cool air from..

Adam

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was at home depot yesterday and saw all the heating duct stuff and thought that might work to quickly mock it up. I just don't know if I want to remove my stock air intake multiple times to do it, especially with this chicagoland weather. =/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts