Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I just have the regular radio, what is the text button on the radio for??! I have never been able to figure it out. HELP...

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
If you use the mp3 player function it will display the text title of the song along with other things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya know now that you say that when i first got it i had a cd that had mp3 players on it and said the names on it... thanks =o)

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
no problem, also if you can't read all the text from the title you can hold down the text button for a second or two and it will display the rest of the text.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
While you're playing with the radio

check that it knows its in an xB:
Hold down the SSP button (right of the dial) about 3 seconds.
It will beep.
It should say xB.
If not turn the dial to cycle between xB,xA, & tC.
There are also three subsettings for each car type (I think normal, feel, & hear)

The radio comes from the factory on the tC setting which sounds like crap in our cars. Personally I like the "xA Feel" settings best.

You can also customize what the display says when turning the car on.
I think the instructions are in the owner's manual (in your glove box.)

If you can't find 'em I've got it written down somewhere ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
The text button is for your ipod. When you push the button, you have the option to have the album title, or the song title listed instead of just having the plain track #. I believe some cd's also have special read only text or something like that, that basically does the same thing when you push the button.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
changing the welcome screen info can also be found in the dealer brochure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts