Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I’ve got a 2015 xB. Today I was out and about and when I got back to my car my alarm wasn’t working to unlock the car. I realized it was already open and then saw that the screen for the radio was still on. So I started the car, music starts playing, shut it off and removed the key and the music was still playing! Usually everything shuts off the second I remove the key. Went on about my business and when I got home, shut off the car and removed the key and it turned off. What do you all think could be the cause? I’ve never had electrical problems with the car before.
Bought it used with 25,000 miles on it so it should still hopefully be under warranty.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I would suspect the ignition switch may be faulty or out of adjustment. The stereo gets its feed through the Acc contacts. If it does it again look in the fuse box for a 7.5 amp ACC fuse. Pull this fuse and see if the Stereo shuts off. This should identify that it is a switch issue. My wiring diagram is from 08-10, but would think it is still relevant for the later models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, I’ll try it. Thanks for your reply

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,577 Posts
It's a second gen, this is perfectly normal. The radio and window switches have power after the key is turned off until you open a door, or for 15 sec, which ever is shorter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts