Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The FM reception in my xB is as good as, and usually better, than the FM reception of friend's non-xB vehicles when adjacent.

The biggest problem I have consistantly seen with reception in an xB is with the folks who have replaced the Scion head unit and failed to re-connect the antenna amplifier power. (The xB does have a built-in antenna amplifier that needs to be powered by the head unit. If it is not powered, the head unit does not get an adequate signal.)

Tom

(Durn tpyos...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine keeps changeong station..

If Im on say, 101.9 some times it change to 101.7 by itself..
not sure why this happens..

any on with the same prob ????

Thanks...
Keith.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If yours is an '06, Keith, there are a whole bunch of people seeing that problem, but the change is USUALLY .2MHz UP... No idea, yet, what might be causing it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, my reception in my 06 sucks every once in a while. There is one bad spot by my work that's really bad.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
No problems here, my radio reception is just fine, but then again I always have my CD's playing!:p

·
Registered
193 Posts
sometimes i have problems...today when i started up my car my stations were no longer pre-set...don't know what happened...

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
The owners manual in my '06 states that window tint in the rear windows can significantly decrease radio reception. 3M make a tint that is not supposed to interfere, but it isn't very dark either.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
For all you folks with aftermarket head units and poor reception: As I said above, when the new unit was installed the installer probably didn't hook up the power antenna lead from the head unit, and your in-line antenna amplifier is not being powered.

Tom

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Thanks Tom!! It looks complicated, but then again I don't know the first thing about electrical wiring. Looks like I need to learn! LOL!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
No problems here, my radio reception is just fine, but then again I always have my CD's playing!:p
^^^^^^ Just like the Doll said!! :D Not much of a radio person, too many Rasta mp3's to listen to!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, nice work Tomas!

I also have had no reception problems and I'm in BFE (read: Iowa). My "diversity antenna" (that's what they call it, I swear!) has always picked up everything just fine, but I'm listening to XM most of the time anyway so...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.