Scion xB Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If they are progressive wound springs I wouldn't recommend it, but if there just normal single.rate springs, cutting an inch off wont effect the ride but will get you lower. You may notice you bottom out more though.while I've never lowered a car, I would think lowering springs would be a higher rate to help prevent bottoming out, any truth to that ...

sent from my G'zOne commando, the KLR phone.

·
Low and Slow
66 Posts
Thanks, i really thought these coils were going to be sketchy or cheap, but i have only heard good things. Do you have any complaints about the Racelands?
I wouldn't say sketchy, but yes to some extent cheap. With these, you get what you pay for. I, so far, am the only person I know of that has had problems with them. I have only heard good things otherwise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*thread jacking

Hi Tuke (Kelly)!!!

Ha What up? :]

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I've had them on my tC for 2 years and have had no problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If they are progressive wound springs I wouldn't recommend it, but if there just normal single.rate springs, cutting an inch off wont effect the ride but will get you lower. You may notice you bottom out more though.while I've never lowered a car, I would think lowering springs would be a higher rate to help prevent bottoming out, any truth to that ...

sent from my G'zOne commando, the KLR phone.
they are df's, dont know if that helps

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Lowering springs are usually higher spring rates for better handling.

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
once you start cuttin' there aint no goin' back, Think I would be leary of that.. Have you done it or know of someone that has.. And on a side note, what up Cam!! LOL....
I haven't, nor know anyone that really has. Nik and I were talking about lopping a dead coil off of the rear coils of our coilovers.
I don't really see a problem with it. I'd have to look at the springs, but that last coil that seems like it does nothing could probably be cut.
Or switch to the Tein offering. From what CIONIDE has said, he doesn't have the rake.
Or go full coilovers. Haha!
What's up broooo?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't, nor know anyone that really has. Nik and I were talking about lopping a dead coil off of the rear coils of our coilovers.
I don't really see a problem with it. I'd have to look at the springs, but that last coil that seems like it does nothing could probably be cut.
Or switch to the Tein offering. From what CIONIDE has said, he doesn't have the rake.
Or go full coilovers. Haha!
What's up broooo?
Tein????

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
Tein H-Techs or S-Techs, which ever is lower. I don't pay attention to how low springs get you because I don't care. I'm on coilovers and can do what I want. Nevermind. Checked. S-Techs. Probably lower the rear a little more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wish I could post pics, but I cut the bottom perch coil and 1/8, so 1 and 1/8 coil, and its perfect now.... Although I went to get its first service done today, and they had the car on a lift for tire rotate, long story short the spring popped out of the top perch and I had to jack the car up and put it back. Is this where the Selena rear shocks come to play??

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
Sienna rear shocks will work, but you'll need to fab a spacer. Holler at Phobic and he can probably get you hooked up. Unless you know of a machinist, then you can get it handled in half an hour tops.

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
He's been banned on here for a while, over a year IIRC. Try NewScionxB or Scikotics.

·
JP Works
22 Posts
Have you called Raceland? I've heard that they send parts to you if you are still under the 2 year warranty that comes with it.

·
Low and Slow
66 Posts
Have you called Raceland? I've heard that they send parts to you if you are still under the 2 year warranty that comes with it.
Yeah they do. With my exeprience with them they gave me two options.

They will take a $75 deposit and send you a replacement immediately, then you replace yours and send back the old one. They then run testing on your broken shock and determine whether or not it was improper install or just production error. They will then either keep or refund your deposit based on if you voided your warranty.

The other option was to take a video of your broken shock or send back your broken shock first. They will then test it at their facility and determine whether or not the warranty is voided. If you voided the warranty, they will charge you the $75 for the part and ship it. If you did not void the warranty, they will ship you the part at no charge.

That is my experience with them, but I could be wrong, and prices may be subject to change based on car. But that is my experience with them. They are all pretty cool and chill when you talk to them.

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
I don't have Racelands, though. I just want the lower adjuster/perch so I can run other springs than KSport. KSport springs are 2.5" on top and 3" on the bottom where it is seated on the perch. I want to run a higher spring rate to help with stereo weight as well as improve ride.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts