Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most people want to be loud with there **** cans, but im gonna step on the other side and want to be as quiet as possible.

stock is sorta loud already,

anyone know of an aftermarket exhaust system that is more quiet than stock?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Nope. Good luck finding one. Pretty much anything out there currently is either slightly louder, or, obviously very loud.

Looks like you'll have to go custom on that. I hear Remus makes quiet mufflers until you get on them.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Add a whole buncha catalytic converters, and mufflers to it? Shoot man, I'm not a mechanic. Your best bet is to research and find the quietest muffler. Talk to a few exhaust geeks and find out if a smaller size pipe will quiet it up. Stock, this is the quietest car I've owned. Before this, all of my cars also had stock exhaust. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You aren't likely to find anything even quiter. If you want something just as quiet as stock (or quiter) at idle, but with a better tone under load, check out the options from Tanabe. If I hadn't gone to a full Magnaflow cat-back for the wife's car I was considering the Tanabe Touring Medalion.

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
lol... get a potatoe and stick in the muffler tip and that'll work as a silencer... well... it works for guns.. :D

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ not a good idea ugly frog

rton20s ur right, its fine at idle, but when u accelerate it is very loud, maybe i have to break my car in, because i have only 8 miles right now because i just bought it last night.

how long is the break in period so i can stop granny driving the car

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you build a cat-back system with two high flow mufflers and a resonator you will probably have a rather quiet exhaust.

Nothing out there is going to be quieter than stock unles you have like 5 mufflers. Plus if you want your xB quieter than stock you will hurt performance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah there was a thread here somewhere that a person listed many styles of aftermarket exhausts and their dbs. I think a couple scored lower than the stock muffler. Check it out

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Apexi World Sport.
This exhaust is pretty quiet.. I had it on my solara and man it was like almost stock....

But if gave the car a nice style to it...
Give that a try...

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
yeah there was a thread here somewhere that a person listed many styles of aftermarket exhausts and their dbs. I think a couple scored lower than the stock muffler. Check it out
any idea who posted that thread?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.