Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
the only way your gonna get a extra 30 HP is to either be boosted or go NOS....or add aluminum parts inside the engine....but by then...youve spent as much as a turbo

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a very hard motor to get more ponies out of, Toyota has it pretty much maxed out for it's design. There was a recent exhaust test in one tuner mags and most pipe only saw a 1hp gain if that. A guy over on scionlife.com pulled his apart and did alot of head work and only saw about 5hp improvement. A supercharger, nos or a turbo will get ya 30hp, but $$$.

Skoobus
05' xb

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
add about 30 stickers. The honda-bois seem to think that adding stickers adds HP.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
^^ hahah so true so true. all you need is chrome and stickers. and a big lighted fart can tip, and a windshield banner, and the 1 wiper conversion, and lighted windshield squirters, and spinning hubcaps, and the lower windshield banner of some company you probably dont even have parts from, and if you did you probably paid full price, and chrome door and ALL BODY LINES molding, and seat covers from a different car, then you have to bondo patch one part of your car while primering another section, replace a fender from a different color car and remove the hood [madd air flow dawg!] ... i could go on, but im working up quite the hunger.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
don't forget about TypeR seat covers, glowing shift knob, glowing pedals, Type R badgeing, SI badges, claiming you have a 2jz conversion when you don't even know what a 2jz is, flashing tireflies, and that ultra-pimp neon pinstriping.

·
Registered
233 Posts
^^ hahah so true so true. all you need is chrome and stickers. and a big lighted fart can tip, and a windshield banner, and the 1 wiper conversion, and lighted windshield squirters, and spinning hubcaps, and the lower windshield banner of some company you probably dont even have parts from, and if you did you probably paid full price, and chrome door and ALL BODY LINES molding, and seat covers from a different car, then you have to bondo patch one part of your car while primering another section, replace a fender from a different color car and remove the hood [madd air flow dawg!] ... i could go on, but im working up quite the hunger.

:Dhahahahahahahahahaa

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea you need a digital box to retard your timing if you wanna blow it correctly and not ever worry about problems. tho motor is so small and tight in these cars. on the inside that it.

i once remember seeing a signature i loved... "nitrous is like a hooker, you wanna hit it but your scared of the consequences."

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
tim, dont forget about 180lbs of paint with 6 gallons of metal flake mixed in. hell the shieb paint with the spray on metal flake always works too. you need to have AT LEAST one broken CV axle and an exhause leak. and at least one person in your family needs to be working on a ply-mous voyegger. you gotta run the cheapest bujeas and cables para da bujeas tu tienes. comprende? dont forget about the 'jesus saves' front air brushed license plate

·
Registered
974 Posts
any modifications need to run nos on a stock motor? ive found a direct injection kit that is about a 15 shot per cylinder.
No changes needed what so ever.

If you buy a 35 hp wet system your engine needs no further mods. You only need to purchase a few safety items to go with your kit.

1. A full-throttle switch, often included in the wet kit
2. An RPM safety switch

Those two items Above make the NOS system virtually foolproof and VERY safe to use. The full throttle switch is actually your button, NOS is released only at full throttle. The RPM switch is a safety deal that only allows you to use your nitrous above a predetermined RPM so it's safe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
u might need a new clutch that can handle the extra horsepower
no you wouldnt,.... the nitrous is engaged only at full throttle and would have little affect on the clutch wear if any....

mine works fine with the 35 hp shot on a wet sniper NOS kit.... intstalled in 4 hours....

the only thing is wear to tap the fuel at.... my tap was too big to tap the LITTLE BITY fuel rail (plus it looked hard as hell to clean the shavings out of)that the xbs have stock so i did an inline tap where i had cut a section out of the hard pvc plastic fuel line that is easily accessible in the engine compartment...

other than that, it was a breeze and i find myself wanting so much more lol...

hope i helped

i highly recommend NITROUS ON THE BOXES GUYS!!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
what kits do u guys suggest and is this safe to use on an auto as it is on a stick?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.