Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know that the majority of the xB's out there are lowered all the way around. I wanted to do something different and just lower the front and leave the back up (like on a slant). Do you think this will look funny? I wanted to be different and stand out and thought this might be one way to do that. And I know it is all my personal choice, but I like to know your opinions on this.

Thanks so much.:p

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i still think it looks good with the raked look. i like it a lot. the rat/rod high in the back style. thats just me maybe though. it would look better if you got something like TRDs in back for a smaller drop, and Tanabes in the front for a big drop. that way it isnt too weird. still noticeable and different, without being excessive.

scotty

·
Registered
762 Posts
my friends car right now is raked hardcore. 3" drop up front and 2" or less out back... looks SICK. of course we gutted it to make way for his new audio setup but still haha

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
mine looks raked because of the mix of body kits i have right now, and i love the look. right now from front fender to ground though im 23.75, and rear im 23.85. so yea im really close, but it looks raked due to body kits. thats one thing you might want to think about if you really want it to look extreme. drop front a lot, rear a little, then just do a front lip or somethin.

scotty

·
Registered
762 Posts
i really want a rake on mine but i dont want to mix springs that have different rates, thats the only concern with doing trd's in the back and goldlines or tanabes up front

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yepperz. for now im gonna keepem. maybe get them custom painted or something. ive got them spaced out flush now so they look a little better!

scotty

·
Registered
612 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
Ok, so I know that the majority of the xB's out there are lowered all the way around. I wanted to do something different and just lower the front and leave the back up (like on a slant). Do you think this will look funny? I wanted to be different and stand out and thought this might be one way to do that. And I know it is all my personal choice, but I like to know your opinions on this.

Thanks so much.:p
With a super rake (like 2" in front only), you might have a problem digging you front lip into stuff. Handling-wise, you might get some funky results...:confused:

IMO, a little rake is nice, but the flat roof of the xB really enhances any kind of rake, esp. if you have a spolier, or worse, a Fab spoiler! Anyhow, I think a rake of 1/2 - 3/4 inch would be very dramatic already. Some springs like RSR have a rake like that I think.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm, very interesting guys! What a great response, now I have to figure out if I really want to do it or not. I am getting the S-Techs soon, so I wanted to see what you all thought about that. I'm hoping to get the springs and them installed before the Tracy meet (3/19), so I will definitely have pics.

Thanks for your input!:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
lol i just droped my car today about 4 hours ago i installed da tan-na-bees...df21sumthing but if you need pics i could send you sum tomm oh yea i need to update my car pics i got some new things bolted on:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
How are the trd springs

I am going to buy a new xb with 17 inch rims on there, wanted to lower just a bit with the trd springs. How will my ride feel? will it be better than stock even with 17 inch rims. Any help is apprecciated.:)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Tammie, this is just a girls POV...you need some kind of lowering in the back just so there is no gap between your tire and fender...it looks better IMO... aren't there a set of springs out there that are lower in front than back??

But I know exactly what look you're going for and why. ;) I love love love hot rods!!!! :D {thats why I got maxis lip...}

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yay, a girl's opinion! Thanks for the info! I'm still undecided right now.:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
for some reason i am on goldlines and it is 2 all around and i have a 150lb box in the back and the front still sits lower plus with only the front dropped you will hit everywhere

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.