Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Never seen this before. Looks very good and well designed and built. In form and function should be same as Blitz SUS. Not the coldest area to draw the air from but seems like the easiest install of all. Should appeal to those with 06 xB since swapping back to smog legal stock air box can be done in a minute. Good price too. But very very surprised to see it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have seen it, but never in person. I do not believe that is worth the money because of where it pulls in air, under the hood. A short ram will take air from under the headlight where the air can be much cooler. This is however a simpler install because you do not have to play with the MAF.

·
Registered
466 Posts
How come when you see display cars or the cars used for installation pictures, they are always dirty as heck?

CLEAN YOUR FREAK CAR BEFORE DOING A DIY!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How come when you see display cars or the cars used for installation pictures, they are always dirty as heck?

CLEAN YOUR FREAK CAR BEFORE DOING A DIY!!!
hahah definitly. but thanks guys for the input. i was thinking thats probbly not the best place to draw air, but it seems so clean ya know.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I've been debating on making a custom intake similar to that. I've seen that before, and thought about getting it myself.

The intake I'd design would be bent just like the part that attaches to the throttle body, then another slight bend that faces the grille. In order for it to work best, you'd need an open grille and a rain guard. If I ever get enough time and a few bucks saved up, I'll be happy to make a prototype. I love being macguyver sometimes.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Don't forget about the hot chick that always get caught where she isn't supposed to be. lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks well built, thats all I can say.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.