Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2 alpine subs with amplifire in my tahoe...
and i got 1 sub with amp in my xb...
does anyone know how to adjust those little knobs on the amplifier ??
i want a low and deep bass... i dont like the way that sub bumps in my xb

thankz

·
Registered
101 Posts
It depends on what type of amp and sub you have. Also depends on what type of box you have. If you have a sealed box, it will be deep and tight bass. If you have a ported box, it will be very boomy. You can also try turning down the frequency on the crossover on the amp or head unit. Need to know what your setup is, what type of head unit, what type of amp, what type of sub before you can get specific.

BoxCanDrift said:
i have a 2 alpine subs with amplifire in my tahoe...
and i got 1 sub with amp in my xb...
does anyone know how to adjust those little knobs on the amplifier ??
i want a low and deep bass... i dont like the way that sub bumps in my xb

thankz

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amp = BOSS GT1500D
Sub = 12" Alpine Type-R
i use sealed box and i used LOC to connect from the rear speakers...
4 gauge power wire

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sealed box should be low and tight. Turn the crossover frequency down on the amp. You may also need to turn down the input sensitivity on the amp. What settings do you have for bass/treble on the head unit? The bass should be turned down on the head unit as well. If you listen to just the sub, there should be nothing but deep bass coming out of it, not any mids at all. How do you have your amp facing?

Amp = BOSS GT1500D
Sub = 12" Alpine Type-R
i use sealed box and i used LOC to connect from the rear speakers...
4 gauge power wire

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i put my amplifier on side of my sub box....
and if i turn off the input sensitivity.... i dont get any bass....
so... there is no way to get mid and low bass with my setup unless i get another sub ??

thankz....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also forgot to ask if you are using the stock head unit or not? On "Feel" it will probably be boomy. Regardless of what head unit you are using, you should turn the bass down to 0, and also perhaps turn the loudness (if you have it) off. That will help as well. Don't completely turn off the input sensitivity, just turn it down a tad, and adjust your crossover setting on the amp...if you have that.

i put my amplifier on side of my sub box....
and if i turn off the input sensitivity.... i dont get any bass....
so... there is no way to get mid and low bass with my setup unless i get another sub ??

thankz....

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Ok, gimme a minute to type this all out, it may seem a bit long.

I will be double posting, so I know the attention is here.

I have a similar setup and I can help you out as best as I can.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Ok, as stated above, the 'Feel' setting under the SSP button is what you want to use. It basically raises all the frequencies you want. If you completely clipped the rear speakers out, it'll be a bit more difficult to get the mids you want out of the stock speakers, but since you're using a 12 you can compensate a bit for this.

You can use the fader control under the audio options menu to 'increase' the output of sound to either the front or the rear speakers. This will mainly work if you clipped the rear speakers completely. Before I put my second amp in, I had this set as REAR +2. I also had the Treble setting to +1 just get eek out a bit more since I was fading most of the sound to the rear.

From there, it's time to play with the amp. MAKE SURE the crossover filter is set to LOW PASS. If you have seperate adjustments for low pass, i.e 30hz-500hz you'll wanna find a spot right around 200, maybe 250 depending on the size of your sub-box. It will allow enough overhead on your sub to reach a higher frequency, and 'seemingly' giving you a phantom midrange. To AUDIOPHILES this isn't the way to go, but for most this should be sufficient.

Gain your amplifier accordingly so you don't blow your sub, and if your line out converter allows adjustments, set it so that it's at the peak it can run without adding distortion into the line. If you need further assistance, feel free to PM me, or as you can see I have both yahoo and aim messaging services.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.