Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is trevor,
I'm going to buy an xb in a couple of months.
Did you guys pay the dealers asking price? I mean were ther any hidden fees in your purchase? And from what i here there is no negotiations on prices. Did anyone here negotiate on prices? Please send feedback asap

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
when you go in to sign the papers they will have all the extra crap added into the price, XM radio, Platinum Warranty, car cleaning kit, etc.

I asked how much my monthly payment was going to be and they told me $350, I was like what the F^%K! The box was almost $4000 cheaper than my Protege5 and my payment was only $270. The lady asked what was wrong and I told her what was expecting, she then looked at her computer and all kinds of crap was added into the price that I didn't want. Lo-Jack, glass etched, etc. She started taking all the crap off that I didn't want and it knocked the price down to $278.

At the time I bought it I still had a $10,000 balance on my Protege5 that I totalled. So my interest rate sucked, but I have since refinanced. And my payment is $278 for 4yrs instead of 5.

I bought mine at Star Toyota.

Just watch out for all the hidden stuff that they don't ask if you want.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wasn't anything hidden with mine. Just the $55 added for paper work and crap. You end up paying the sticker, but usually you get a nice trade in. My subaru got over $1500 above the kbb price.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
trev8705 said:
But is there any negotations on price at all or just set by them?
The price is set. You won't find a better car for the money, I promise.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
^^^^^^^^^
Exactly what Chris said!
^^^^^^^
what Dion said! LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
the dealer told us that its illegal for them to lower the price on a scion. we got ours cheaper but thats because it was a track car. and he still told us not to go telling everyone......oops

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Xbkansas said:
the dealer told us that its illegal for them to lower the price on a scion. we got ours cheaper but thats because it was a track car. and he still told us not to go telling everyone......oops
What do you mean by track car?

·
Registered
659 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: what is it that is what they said:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh darn he's back from Mayberry hi Yall:D :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
every dealer has to buy an xb and title it in their name, so that if they sell out of them and someone wants to testdrive one before ordering it theres one availible. after 90days its availible to sell. this is the track car, i think also known as demo, program vehicle.
the only downfall is that it has somewhere around 1000 miles and its considered used.

all of this is only what eddy's scion of wichita told me, im no expert. they may have fed me a line of b.s. but i dont care 823 miles and 16,200 is a great deal

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
All that really means is they can sell it used and then as you stated by the price, raise the price. :)

Scions brand new here are 14,1 something. I went to all four dealerships last night so I know what Im talking about....;) The used ones the dealers had were all over 20K! Id NEVER pay more than new price for ANY car let alone a Scion!!!!

Theres NO pure price on used Scions and they are correct they can NOT mess with the price!! They will lose their license if they do!

:D :D :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Xbkansas said:
every dealer has to buy an xb and title it in their name, so that if they sell out of them and someone wants to testdrive one before ordering it theres one availible. after 90days its availible to sell. this is the track car, i think also known as demo, program vehicle.
the only downfall is that it has somewhere around 1000 miles and its considered used.

all of this is only what eddy's scion of wichita told me, im no expert. they may have fed me a line of b.s. but i dont care 823 miles and 16,200 is a great deal
Oh ok, I'm glad they had to order mine. Because I don't think I would want a track car, They get treated like a rental car. As soon as I got out of site of the dealer. I went to a dead stop and slammed on the gas to get an idea of the 0-60 times, etc. Tested the Auto and ordered a stick.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the dealer wouldnt let me take it with out a ride along dealer, even after the paperwork was done. they had to have the money before i could take it alone. i guess thats how they protect their cars at this particular one. so im pretty sure it hasnt been too abused. it still smells new anyway. thats all that matters right?? lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
i only saw a discount on one scion ever

it was an RS1 xA at elk grove scion.... the car was there for hella long time before anyone bought it so they put it on sale discounted like 500 or 1000 i for got

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.