Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy Motegi Racing DP 12 rims with 215/35 - 18's. my xb is lowered with tein s techs. should i get the rims with a +35 offset or a +45 offset? will either of these cause problems.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
+45s might be a lil close to the inner suspension, but yea DEFINETLY get 35. In fact, you should probably get the +35s, then get OTG shim spacers for the rear. Youd be in good shape then. More flush than most, and looking good.

Scotty

·
Registered
372 Posts
yep. what Scotty said.

btw, I had Motegi's w/ the +45 offset wrapped w/ 215/35/18's and I rubbed on the inside. got the OTG shims and was golden. so, if you get the +45 offset, you will need the shims before hand or you'll shred your rubber.

now that I have the +0 offset, I rub on the outside. I said it before and I'll say it again - pay the money and get the rims you really want. that +10 - +25 offset range is slim plickins, but had I just got the custom JLines, it'd be Christmas everyday.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Get the 35's, I got 40's and they touched the rear axle assembly when I got them. I had to do a little grinding, then I got spacers.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yea, I went with 18x8 with +35 offset all around and got the OTG's shims in the rear....

That should work good for daily driving..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts