Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am considering buying a 2005 xb.

One thing that is keeping me from doing so is that very, very low front end bumper.

Can I replace it with a much shorter option? I am so afraid I am going to rip that off on the first deep driveway I pull into.

Please tell me about that front bumper and have you had any issues with the front or back bumpers getting damaged?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
If it's very low, it might have lowering springs on it.

Reactions: JPB

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
I drove an 05 all over the Chicago area and never scraped my bumper... come to think of it the only time i had bumper issues was after i put coilovers on it... factory height it went everywhere

·
Registered
143 Posts
I drove an 05 all over the Chicago area and never scraped my bumper... come to think of it the only time i had bumper issues was after i put coilovers on it... factory height it went everywhere
I'm in the UK, we have potholes, unmetalled smaller roads and lots of potential exists for damage to the bB's body kit, side skirts and these bumpers. The car looks more likely than it actually is to ground on kerbs and rough surfaces but mine has been driven through a few fields and still hasn't caught on anything, that at factory ride height with o/e (for the bB) 185/65% x 15" rubber all round, 'cos I like my comfort. 195/60% rubber was an option and is even more accommodating as the sidewalls on the slightly wider tyre sit in a more relaxed position than the 185s do.

If yours is on coilovers and you really don't like how low it is on these, then at least good coilovers are very saleable as they can be rebuilt, so get them on that eBay and buy some factory suspension, assuming there's insufficient upward adjustment left in the coilovers' spring seats to get it back to stock height.

Or, better yet if you like the look but not the clearance anxiety, go for airbags! >:D

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
Yeah i havent had a first gen in a few years... with the coilovers it was just low and i had issues with stuff on the road,then i went to air ride and loved it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts