Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone tell me how, and why the "performance Chips" you see on ebay dont work? has anyone tryd one before on a box......all comments welcome....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ebay chips are like ebay intakes & many other items. Not worth a sh*t. Most of the chips are bogus. Not backed by any real world tests by any big magazines or reliable sources. If you want a chip look into the big name tuners, they cost more cause they are real. Not the .30 cent resistor slapped into a fake wiring loom. Just my .30 cents...:D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think white is one of the only colors the box looks good in..well if you dont know anything about it, dont be a doosh bag about it and act your age

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
lol!!!! you don't know the Cravin!!!
He is The Cravin!!!!!

anyways, based on what I read, our xB has a learning computer, so no matter if you put that chip, it will sense it later and will adjust everything to normal.

You might want to ask sir Squirrel about it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, but dosent the type in a box send a signal to your cpu that advances the timing?.....im not talking about the little jumper resistor....no that is a joke

·
Registered
368 Posts
I ran an experiment to test these. For the people that really want to know about them ask, I used 2 types during my 3 week test.

Yes, someone got tired of people calling BS about them and not knowing their a$$ from a hole in the ground. I wish people would learn not to give info on products with out first hand knowledge.

Before you boohoo something , try it yourself.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
okay first off pat (cravin) is the offical clubxb douche bag! lol i don't think he has a serious post on here.:p also i have an ebay chip. yes i admit it. i bought it before i even had the car though. i knew nothing about the car so i though it would be a good idea. i never installed and don't know anything about it. i guess i could take pics of it.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Frogbox said:
I ran an experiment to test these. For the people that really want to know about them ask, I used 2 types during my 3 week test.

Yes, someone got tired of people calling BS about them and not knowing their a$$ from a hole in the ground. I wish people would learn not to give info on products with out first hand knowledge.

Before you boohoo something , try it yourself.
So are you going to share your results??? thumbs up or in our collective ass'?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
i too

fist thing i bought, but also never put on
so frogbox please share results and put to rest the debate on weather there poopoo or go juice.
sometimes lessons learned are best shared.:cool:

were asking were asking

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.