Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 xB
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, when I bought my used OEM 15" x 6" 7-spoke alloys recently, I knew I'd need new lug nuts.
I went to NAPA Auto Parts, explained what I needed, and they sold me a box of lug nuts.
When I got home, I found that the lug nuts were flat, and came with washers -- but I'm pretty sure I need 'acorn' style, don't I?
Can someone who knows for sure, weigh in on this? I'd appreciate it - for the record, here's what they sold me:

Rectangle Automotive exterior Font Auto part Electric blue

But here's what the wheel looks like - the holes seem like they'd need acorns:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Thanks for any advice!!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
171 Posts
Definitely acorn. 12mm x 1.5 thread IIRC. Just got done buying new ones on eBay not too long ago. Came to about a buck per nut, shipped.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,164 Posts
2006BOPxB - The EM-7 wheels you have are hub-centric and use a self-centering conical lug nut as pictured below. Either a close-ended (acorn) cap lug nut, or an open-ended lug nut, will fit.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tool Bumper Rim
Gas Natural material Electric blue Jewellery Nickel

Also, the ones they sold you will not work with your xB's OEM spare wheel.

Looking forward to seeing your xB with the EM-7's mounted.
Frank

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,164 Posts
... Do you recommend getting the locking nut for each wheel?
Yes, although this is can be a no-win scenario. If they really want your wheels the pros will get them. Having wheels locks will not stop a thief, it only slows down the amateur ones. If there is only one lock on a wheel, they will undo the three lugs and use the wheel as a fulcrum to break the remaining lug. Having two or more locking nuts is a maintenance and flat tire nuisance but makes a more effective deterrent. Also, it is a good idea to get a spare lock nut key.

·
Registered
2006 xB
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whole wheel pic please.....
Sure thing; I love how these look on the xB!
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I bought these via Facebook Marketplace; there were 3 wheels with tires, for $95.

The two I'm using have 185/65 R15 tires; I put them on the front to correct the speedometer error. The third rim had a different size tire so I'm not using it at the moment; when I get a fourth rim I'll put 185/65's on both and add them to the back.

Passenger side has a couple of deep gouges, like it hit a curb hard at some point.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber

1 - 9 of 9 Posts