Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size tires should i get for rims that are..

2 Rims 18X7.5 1 2/3" Lip. 26.2 lbs each offset is +38
2 Rims 18X8.5 1 3/4" Lip. 28.8 lbs each offset is +35

I don't want any rubbing at full lock.. and i wanna lower it so i don't want any rubbing .. thanks in advanced guys :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
alright how about 235/35 instead of the 225? i don't know what the difference is.. :-/

er could i run 215/35 on both?

·
Registered
276 Posts
the first number is pretty much the width of the tire.. with a 215 on a 8.5 it will be a little stretched giving the sidewall a slanted look. helps with clearance of the fender. but if your looking for cushion then 22 would be better for you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jpscion said:
the first number is pretty much the width of the tire.. with a 215 on a 8.5 it will be a little stretched giving the sidewall a slanted look. helps with clearance of the fender. but if your looking for cushion then 22 would be better for you.
awww koo... so 225/35 for the 8.5.. wha about the 7.5?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright so 215/35/18 for all four tires.. :) 8.5 & 7.5

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm running 215/35-18 on that same exact set-up. But if you want the stretched look up front, then go w/ 205/40-18.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
squirrel said:
I'm running 215/35-18 on that same exact set-up. But if you want the stretched look up front, then go w/ 205/40-18.
lol i just sent you a msg.. is yours dropped by the way?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
lol i just sent you a msg.. is yours dropped by the way?
Yep, I'm on TEIN Wagons that were made for the bB not xB, and now have a custom set of TEIN springs that were made to the specs I wanted.

Here's a side profile. I can still go donw another inch frot and rear, but wouldn't be able to drive like that. The top of the fender arch is roughly 23 inches above the ground w/ these 18s.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx.. looks lovely.. i'm getting mine tomorrow :) i just wanna make sure i get the RIGHT tires :) thx every1 for yer help..

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have a set of CNC'd aluminum bBist center caps and painted them TCM for my wheels. So they look different that the supplied Sport Max caps.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay.. so i went to COSTCO.. and ordered some tires.. and they said the profile on the tires will not be sufficient for the car.. something about pressure.. and the weight.. that the tire can carry.. so he suggested 225/40/18.. hopefully this works for my xB.. pics to be posted soon :)

thanks guys for ALL OUR HELP! :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dajap said:
LOL def could of went with a lower pro tire... COSTCO hooked you up.
ya i got a good price for the rims.. and the tires.. :)

will post pics once their on.. on friday.. :)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Hmm, 225/40-18s are too tall. Perfect for my Matrix, but too tall for the xB.

The majority of the people I know running 18s are running 215/35-18s. 215s are also the closest to matching the OEM rolling diameter. 225s are much taller.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
squirrel said:
Hmm, 225/40-18s are too tall. Perfect for my Matrix, but too tall for the xB.

The majority of the people I know running 18s are running 215/35-18s. 215s are also the closest to matching the OEM rolling diameter. 225s are much taller.
oh ya.. the guy from Costco.. called me this morning saying that they myte be too big for the xB.. and said they'd give me the 215/35/18.. but they wouldn't mount them on my car.. i'd have to do it myself.. they'd jst put the tires on my rims for me.. i guess.. the tire can't handle the wait of the xB.. but its funny bcuz i was on wheelmax.com and i pretended to order a 18" rim and tires.. and the profile they gave me was 215/35/18.. so hopefully i'm still safe with these..

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
oh ya.. the guy from Costco.. called me this morning saying that they myte be too big for the xB.. and said they'd give me the 215/35/18.. but they wouldn't mount them on my car.. i'd have to do it myself.. they'd jst put the tires on my rims for me.. i guess.. the tire can't handle the wait of the xB.. but its funny bcuz i was on wheelmax.com and i pretended to order a 18" rim and tires.. and the profile they gave me was 215/35/18.. so hopefully i'm still safe with these..
Call Auto Innovations and talk to Steve or Orlando.

They are in Milpitas and I only go to them for anything that has to do w/ alignments, mounting, balancing, etc.

Tell them I sent you and see what kind of pricing they can give you.

Auto Innovations
1337 Minnis Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035

Here's a pic of my xB in front of their shop after I got my 18s mounted, and the car aligned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts