Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just found the site and I'm lovin it.....I have a 06 xB and I was wonderng if aftermarket pullys....exhaust and intake will show me any hp/torque increase.
If so what brands do you guys recomend.

Thanx

·
Registered
214 Posts
Intake: AEM CAI
Exhaust: Jic Spartan DE Type 1 exhaust with custom mid pipe
Pulley: All really work the same, lighter the better

The i/e is what i have. You wont see a noticable difference in whp/wtq with just those two. Complete the set up with a header and you will notice a much bigger difference. Everything works together, just remember that.

Are you planning to go into anything heavier than basics? F/i or n/a? If so, people here are knowledgable about f/i and can help you out much, n/a i'm really the only one around doing that so if thats something you are more interested in, keeping it n/a making power, feel free to talk to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
you will get bored with whatever you do before you even know it...lol.
You are on the right track though regardless, I would do Header back exhaust, Perrin crank pulley or NST(not sure if they are definitely making it yet..gotta talk to Mike),then do an intake last...Im not that big of a fan of intakes...they rob more power down low then what they give you up top 8 out of 10 times...unless you plan on doing a flywheel if your a 5 speed then it doesnt matter cause you are gonna rev up quick regardless.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had an injen short ram and it took a lot of tq away down low, I speak on first hand experience and basic physics...I have a good idea, I should talk to Greddy and have them make a 3" exhaust for xB's...who cares if you lose 25 ft/lbs tq down low if you gain 5 whp up top right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Simplyscion said:
I had an injen short ram and it took a lot of tq away down low, I speak on first hand experience and basic physics...I have a good idea, I should talk to Greddy and have them make a 3" exhaust for xB's...who cares if you lose 25 ft/lbs tq down low if you gain 5 whp up top right? :rolleyes:
If that 3'' exhaust made 10-15whp up top and lost 25wtq, i'd do it. It doesn't matter, at least to me, about the low end. Once you get going, and you don't shift early and manually shift the auto, your going to stay within the power band.

If low end mattered that much, you wouldn't see any honda go anywhere.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ahhh, you dont like tq cause your used to Hondas :p :D
goes back to that original phrase "hp sells cars, tq wins races"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.