Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you guys know I got/getting tuesday a RS4 xB. I like a lot of your boxes like the ones in the Yakima rack thread. I want to go for that same look. Kind of sporty/urban/show car. I need some help on how to pull that off in a RS4 without kits since the paint is hella expensive.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
First drop it, then do wheels.
The xB actually looks better with the hubcaps removed, most people put trim rings on untill they can get wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Get insurance. Seen too many RS 4.0 fall recently. Not to hex you or anything.

Ohh and what they said.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
As was already mentioned, you can easily pull off an urban/sporty look without getting a new kit, or breaking the bank.

First and foremost get low. Nothing with less drop than a set of DF210s. And I would recommend getting lower on a set of coilovers. Next is the wheels. You don't have top get crazy and spend a ton of money. You don't even need to upsize. 15s or 16s actually work quite well for this look, but I would go with something besides the Sportmax 501 or 002. There are just too many people running these now.

You are better off looking for something a little less common. Maybe something like the ATS Cup...

Or the NKB Elite, Cup, or Mesh...

Any of those wheels are available with fairly aggressive fitments. They will flush up nicely without causing too many problems in the way of rubbing. The pricing is higher than something like the Sportmax, but you do get what you pay for. Lots of other more reasonably priced options out there as well though.

Beyond that, just get yourself that Yakima Rack and you'll be well on your way.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
There are also a lot of companies doing "knock-offs" of more classic JDM wheels.

Drag DR-20...

Maxxim 4 Play...

Maxxim Screech...

Axis Old School...

Axis OG-San

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot everyone.

Definatelly getting it lowered, would 2inches be good since I am not putting a kit on it. Also, of course getting insurance, not paying that much for paint if someone scratches it. I heard its around 4k for a pint, I can repaint the entire box with 1 color for less. I am liking the Maxim 4 play wheels.

Interior wise I am definatelly getting a system put in and a AVIC system. Might put my PS3 that I never play inside and install TVs on the headrests. Also headlights, I like those clear halos I think they are?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
In my opinion 2" would be a minimum drop on smaller wheels. Go with at least the Tanabe DF210s as I mentioned in my first post. These are rated at 2.2" front and 2.0" in the rear. If you have the money to spend, a nice set of coilovers can get you a bit lower. (Tanabes seem low enough until the first time you park next to a box on bags or coilovers.)

Also, if you like the Maxxim 4 Play, but are interested in a higher quality wheel, check out Work. The Work Equip 01 is the original JDM wheel that the 4 Play is a copy of. The Work wheels are more expensive, but higher quality. They are also available in custom offsets for perfect fitment. (The 4 Play are only available in 15x7 +38 in 4x100.)

Here are a couple shots of the Equip 01s...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks sweet. I don't want it to go real low as I live in New York/ New Jersey and the roads aren't perfect. So I do not want the road to mess up the body.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The Tanabe DF210s should work fine for you then. My wife drives on those springs every day in combination with 215/35/18 tires. She is completely happy with the ride. Though I will probably change out the rear shocks for some softer Monroes eventually.

Setting your car up with those springs and some 15" or 16" tires you should be good to go.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Those gold axis wheels would look schweet on the RS 4.0...I'm running the DF210s on a daily driver as well and have not had any problems....except for that aluminum ladder in the middle of I-95... :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think gold rims look cheesy but thats just my opinion. Also, I found today a chrome grill which is like the entire grill is 1 solid chrome bar. I think it would look ace on the RS4.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
15" GOLD Axis old schools with Goldline springs.........

BTW - If you get a new grill and want to sell your RS4 grill hit me up - I dig the RS4 grill.

·
Registered
611 Posts
In my opinion, the best way to start off is to drop it real low and throw some nice wheels on it.
agree. drop it first then when you can get wheels get some. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.