Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know where the plug is for the switch, anyone know where the relay plugs into? pics would be appreciated. thanks alot

·
Registered
673 Posts
Here are the installation instructions for the fog lights. It should cover your questions. :)

http://tijil.org/Scion_Docs/04_xB_Shop_Manuals/Installation Manuals/0859052840xBFogLamps.pdf

so... reading that link... it appears that the fog light wiring & relays are already in place... just need to be connected to something.

my Fab Fogs just showed up... with wires, nuts, bolts, zip ties but no destructions for install.... wonder if the existing wiring would for for them too?? any 1 know???

thanks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The wiring is in place, but the relay, switch, and, of course, fog lights need to be added.

The 'to be added' parts should all plug in to the existing wiring and connectors.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ended up taking a relay off a camry. same thing, works alot. finally got my fogs to work yay me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I give! Installation shows dropping the glove box down, then reaching in to install the switch. How do you drop the glove box?
Thanks, Wally

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Open the box and tip it forward like normal. Empty it. At the rear edge you will see a little felt covered plastic 'stop' sticking out on each side, and keeping the box from tilting forward any further by hitting the frame of the opening. One side at a time, push the rear of the box in so the 'stop' clears the frame. When the box is free to tip farther forward, do so and it should lift right out once it has tipped enough. Re-installing is just the reverse.

This is the same thing that must be done to get to the cabin air filter to install/replace it, and would be an excellent opportunity to take care of that, too. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the answer Tomas, another question I have is: can the existing fog light wiring be used to wire non OEM fog lights? You would need to add a relay(in the relay box?) and switch I think. Also fuse?
Thanks again, Wally
It seems as if you could use the existing wiring, relay box, fuse box, you wouldn't have to bring new wiring through the firewall.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I can't imagine why the existing factory wiring couldn't be used for aftermarket switch and lights - the only difficulty would be matching up connectors, and that certainly sounds like something that could be worked around. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.