Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i could already tell its time for me to change the stoppers
so a question i have for this is do "cross drilled/ slotted" brake systems make a difference? and if going with RED Stuff or Green Stuff Brake PADs would that make another difference?:cool:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
cross drilled rotors dont help braking performance any. by design they are supposed to help cool the rotors down under heavy braking, but most car owners do not bring the brakes to that point. I'm not sure how good ebc brakes are. I have N-brake pads and they are good =)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Forget the drilled for the street, slotted w/ good pads is more than enuff for the xB!

·
Super Moderator
16,212 Posts
squirrel said:
Forget the drilled for the street, slotted w/ good pads is more than enuff for the xB!
I'm running slotted Rotora rotors with N-Brake pads. Good stuff! I bought the pads from MyBadBox, who originally bought them from........ what's the guy's handle??......... Oh yeah, quadoptix! ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I just carry a magnet in the back with an aluminum flap and if I want to stop, I just open the flap and my refrigerator magnet sticks to something metal. What do you need to stop for anyway?

·
Registered
65 Posts
squirrel said:
Word, I heard that the drilled ones crack, I have power slots rotors and stock pads they work great.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Crossdrilled and slotted are used mainly for cooling. Most street guys have adapted them because they look cool. As far as pads go, I have been using EBC Green Pads for years, both on the box and the Wifes van. I would go with Green over Red mainly from a longevity stand point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.