Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was approached by a 100 year old spring making company that has been producing springs for rare and exotic cars. They started a new line of springs called road magnet about a year ago and they make them for the Tc xB and xA. They are high quality direct replacements with 250 lb additional resistance built into the rear springs on all models to prevent sag and accomodate stereo and other wieght addind mods. I am striving to continue to add high quality reasonably priced product to the site. These springs come with a 1 year warr. Is anyone out there familiar with the product? I would be able to offer them for 269.95 with NO Shipping charge! for the continental U.S.. If there is demand I will make the substantial buy in required and can still ofer the Scionpro coupon 5% discount for club members no group buy necessry. What do you think? let me know your opinions are highly valued. Thanks

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
price is kinda high for springs only. if this is adjustable coil over, i'm your first customer.
normal price for s-tech and goldline is like +/-$150.
Also the amount of drop like 3"-4" might give someone to think about.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
springs

I had this discussion with the owner of the company as far as other springs on the market in the 99 to 175 range. The difference is that many dont fit right and sag or come with little or no warrenty. Originally they prototyped the springs after TRD but found that they do not fit right...believe me I have put in several sets and they do not fit well at all.So they changed the design and came up with a tapered end that fits exactly and can support an additional 250 in wieght. As for the drop they ar a level 1.5 to prevent scraping of body kits or wheels and do offer custom ride hieghts upon request but with no warrenty. They do not sell on e-bay either ...they tried that and it hurt the brand...they could not even get the manu cost out of them. None of the stuff on my site goes to E-bay its all high qualit unique products. They say that the ride is superior to even the factory ride. But again I appreciate the feedback to help me decide.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
On their website it say's the springs are $220 EACH!

EDIT: or is that for a set of 4? I'm confused by their website.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah I noticed the same thing on thier site it is confusing...maybe thats why he is asking me to sort things out for them he has over two hundred sets on the shelves now and is not moving enough. He knows I move some volume. I will have to call him again tommorow to sort things out. I will wring the best price out of him!!!!!! LOL..Thanks guys/gals

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
1.5 is too conservative right now. One of the reason people wants to lower the car is to minimize if not get rid of that fender/wheel gap. some peeps went with 1.5, then 2.0, then still wants to go lower. You probably will get newbee customer, but sooner, they will want to go lower.

browse around suspension forum,
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f26/3938-lowering-techniques/
this is just one of the thread.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Point well taken...I drop mine with Easystreet air ride and Air Zenith to within 1 inch of the ground....Da Taxi does it in da weeds! Low is definitely in.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Scionpro said:
Point well taken...I drop mine with Easystreet air ride and Air Zenith to within 1 inch of the ground....Da Taxi does it in da weeds! Low is definitely in.
I watched your video on the website...Da Taxi is for sure in da weeds. I am looking to put that type of kit on my ride. I'll send you an email or pm with some questions about it.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gold lines

I looked into gold lines...here is the problem the company has been for sale for some time now and is struggling to survive. They may not be around in the near future to provide support to their client base. As a retailer this would not be good for me.The product is good but does not carry the 100% 12 month money back or replacement warrenty that the Road Magnets have. Again the Road Magnets are built to handle additional wieght of mods and are gaurenteed not to sag. I am working on the drop issue with the manufacturer. He said they are considering offering multiple choices for drop ie; stage 1 at a 1.5 stage two at a 2.0 stage 3 at a 2.5. No difference in price across the board and no shipping charge. I am taking in all this info...the comments are all welcome. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.