Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for an automotive parts distributor and we are hooking up with a well known wheel company to manufacture a wheel for us. Our target consumer will be the Corolla AE86 crowd and the Scion xB and xA community. The current specs will be 15x8" wheel, but we're still messing around with different numbers for offsets. The wheel will be a 4x100/114.3 bolt pattern similar to the current sportmax offerings.

Now the question is, which offset would you guys like for the front wheels? Right now we're thinking a +15 offset to get a nice flush and aggressive look. Now i personally would not have a problem running that offset, but i think others may want something like a +20 or +25. The rear offset will be +0 so you will not need to run any spacer in the back.

Can't wait to hear your opinions! :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have 15x8 Sportmax 501's w/ 15off-set but I think it would look better with a OTG 10mm spacer in the rear, making it 5 off-set in rear and 15 up front. Those off-sets would make both the front and rear the same, since the fronts stick out 9mm further than the rears stock.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
4 spoke (Work style), 15 offset in the front and 0 in the rear, multiple color options, chrome or polished lip and finally a price range that's close to the 002's. If you keep it within the $400 range, then you'll sell a ton of these.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i say +15 front +15 rear that way if you need spacers you can always add them
we will be making two different offsets, one for the front for xb's and xa's and the rear will be +0 for the corolla guys and scion guys that want to run that. That way you would have the option on which offset you would like to run.

JDMJim, size will be similar but thats about as close to sportmax as it will get.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My thoughts:

While its great to hear someone making a wheel for our car I would (as well as many others) like to see an affordable, larger diameter wheel in 4 x 100. I like the look of 15s and 16s but 17 and 18s really fit the car better.

I have a set of 15 x 8 Work Equips now and im looking for another set of wheels to switch out when I feel like it. I think the 0 offset isnt a great idea. If people want to run them, great but Id rather see a +10-15 offset for the back and a +15-20 for the front. +15 all the way around would be fine. Camber can be used and spacers can be added for those who want to chance at rubbing.

My Works have a +25 front and +10 rear, A and O disk respectively. The rear rubs in my car, even with 4 degrees of camber.

The 501's look nice and Im even considering them but I wish they wouldnt have made the spokes so thick or stick out as much. Go for the dish!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Even w/ a 15x8 +15 offset, the rear fenders will need rolling depending on the drop.

There's an xB here in Nor*Cal running that wheel, and I rolled the fenders on monday.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would say it might depend on the look you want and the wheel/tire/width combo. Like I would love 15X10s over 18X7.
18 x 7s are for Civics.

A 10 inch wide wheel will obviously not fit on an xB without sticking out ridiculously. A company isnt going to make a wheel that wont sell easily. Not many people will go after 15 x 10s...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.