Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fisrt I love my xB and love talking cars. I am out of work have been since 2 days before christmas.

So as the job search gets longer (8 yrs in computer aided engineering software/consulting sales and marketing but no degree) I start looking in other directions.

People have told me before I should sell cars because I love them so much. tried applying many years ago but I scared them off because I want to eventually finish my accounting degree.

I am interviewing tomorrow with a local toyota/scion dealership. Here in Michigan the big three have ruined the car buying experience for people and Toyota/Scion is the only brand I would think of selling since whenever I go to a dealership I get treated so well.

My question to the few of you on here like Alex (only name I know off the top of my head) what can you tell me about it. I have read on here how you all love selling them but I wonder about other things. I am used to make a certain amount of money to pay the bills and allow my wife to do her art shows and only work part time to get out of the house. With pure pricing is there money to be made on Scions since that would be my ideal thing. What type of hours do you work? I need to see if it will allow me to take classes again. What type of benefits can I expect? What is the going rate for commision plan and example of earnings on a typical xB sale?

I am sorry if any of this is to personal (pm if you want I will not share with anyone other than the wife) but I want to know more going into the interview.

Thank you so much and best of luck to you all in your careers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i'm not sure how dealerships work now...especially the scion ones...i worked for a chevrolet dealership a long time ago and it was straight commission...it sucked...i had to work alot of hours...like almost every single day...i would get a draw on the weeks that i didn't sell anything...so basically i always owed them money...but i got better at what i was doing and alot of the guys got mad because i was taking away their business...and being female, they didn't like it one bit...i was in competition with the head salesman....but i found out how he was doing it...the people that couldn't get financing, he was sending them to one of his buddy's that made loans....so almost eveybody customer he had bought something...just wanted to share my experience

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.