Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, has anyone done any body painting with envy green? They sure are having a hard time getting mine to match up. It goes back in the shop on monday for round 2 and they say its really hard to blend. My hatch and rear bumper cover are a different color. Any input?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I gotta get my EG rear hatch and bumper painted too.... Make sure that they use the right color primer for one and that paint has 2 gold mica's in it so it is as hard to match and blend as pearl paints.... don't accept it if your not satisfied.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
If they can not do it this time demand a complete repaint and make sure they know how to mix the color properly and like mentioned above that they do not cheat on the primer.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, wish i new more about painting. So exactly in words do i need to say to them before they paint it? They dont seem to know much about my car. And its at the toyota place.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same problem.I got hit from behind and needed a hole new back end and it took them 2 times to get it right.After the first one I was pretty pissed off because the place had a good rep.They had to call in an outside person to do it the second time.Just like every one else has told you DONT TAKE IT IF ITS NOT RIGHT.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Skeeter, he has.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I hope everything works out for you. That sucks. I know it's not as bad for BOP, but I dread the day getting my box repainted from the rock chips and bug guts.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
If its Not right demand a Total Re-Paint, its not your fault toyota choose to paint the car that color.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts

It can be done right......someone local did this one up and it is for sale....

As you can see though it is possible to get the paint right.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, i finally got it back today. I must say they improved their rep with me this time. The paint job looks great. They painted almost back to the back doors and blended it in real well. The said they removed the old basecoat and did something different which gave better results. It does look nice now though. Thanks for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.