Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my iPod upgraded head unit in favor of a unit with a DVD in it. From what I have learned, although there are differing opinions, is that in order for someone else to use this head unit in their Box, they would need both my head unit and the cabling that connects the iPod port in the center console with the HU. (can you say run on sentance) What I can't remember is if the iPod dock is already in the center console or if it is just a square cut out for the install. I know the port for the MP3 mini jack is there on a stocker but is the port there for the iPod before the upgrade is done?

Any help will be appreciated. I just want to find out how much wiring I'll have to remove is I decide to sell it.

Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Get an aftermarket HU that you can hook up the IPOD port to. Then no wiring to remove and you keep the IPOD capability. The other person can then buy the wiring harness themselves. From what I hear the 06 layout is way better than the previous layouts so just the deck is worth it to people.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ogerdgonz said:
Get an aftermarket HU that you can hook up the IPOD port to. Then no wiring to remove and you keep the IPOD capability. The other person can then buy the wiring harness themselves. From what I hear the 06 layout is way better than the previous layouts so just the deck is worth it to people.

The only problem being that the connections Scion uses for the iPod dock to the head unit only work with the Scion head unit.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boxd_up_2 said:
I have one without the Ipod plug and all it has is a square cutout with a plastic cover that snaps in flush.
Thanks Jeff, that's the info I was looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.