Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I went to the Strictly Scionized meet at Newark Scion World today where I was was given a AEM CAI for my box (Yeah, the prizes were that damn good :))

I installed it and took it for a test drive. Despite the fact my box is an 06 1/2, with the charcoal filter and all, I got no CEL, and it runs fine. Here's my question though: I have heard that there is very little performance gain with a CAI, but this thing woke my box up in a very big way! It pulls alot harder and is very noticable. Could it be the loss of the charcoal filter?:confused:

I am not complaing at all, I am quite happy, just wondering if anybody else with an 06 1/2 box had the same results with a CAI.

Thanks Tim!!!!

·
Banned
528 Posts
I am glad to see hear about your results. I had a 05 and had big results and after hearing the problems with 06 1/2's I was getting worried! Glad to see there is no issue! Can't wait to hear comparisions

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
My 06 had the charcol filter and I have a Fujita CAI install..... Yes it pulls better on the top end and yes everything is good.....The bad part is if they don't get a CARB excemption before I have to smog it in 5 years...........

P.S. - Give it a couple of weeks when the lead in your foot wears off...your gains will return to normal and all will be Okay.....lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is there a power gain at low RPMS or only in the higher revs? My old CR-X lost some low end grunt but, gained power at the higher revs with a CAI. I was just wondering because most of my driving is in the lower revs.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, so I am not the only one. Mine seems to have picked up a little across the powerband, but alot on top end. Engine sounds cool too. I may just have to get an exhaust now :D.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here in California if you get stopped by a police officer and he suspects that your car is modified he has the right to search for non CARB approved parts, if he finds that it is modded with non CARB parts you can say good bye to your car as it will be impounded... when you provide a CARB or stock part you can get your car out of impound... and after you pay a hefty fine.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny thing is, this intake has a carb sticker on it. Besides, here in MD, there's no worry of inspections or impounding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have an 06... not 1/2 if i put a CAI on mine will i notice a big difference also? my friend has a 98 accord and he said his CAI was a waste of money, no power gains. i decided not to waste it on mine, so should i?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xbkansas said:
i have an 06... not 1/2 if i put a CAI on mine will i notice a big difference also? my friend has a 98 accord and he said his CAI was a waste of money, no power gains. i decided not to waste it on mine, so should i?

It is a totally different car than an accord. I say get it. Mine is alot quicker with it installed.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hey guy, what model if any was it? I'm looking to get one too, but i hate the CEL...even if nothing is actually wrong...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big_Kokujin said:
Hey guy, what model if any was it? I'm looking to get one too, but i hate the CEL...even if nothing is actually wrong...
It is an AEM Cold air induction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.