Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a xennon H.I.D. kit on my XB and I was wondering about adjusting my headlights height. I noticed that my low beams (xennon) are beaming higher than my high beams (halogen). The only thing that the high beams did better, was it lights up better on the sides of the road. Has anyone else adjusted there headlights to fix this after installing a H.I.D. kit. I really use my high beams all the time and definitely need it. However, if I raise the lights upwards, the low beam will get higher to I assume, and I think it is already in terms of people high beaming me for just having my low beams on. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Assuming you have prjectors, it really depends on the type of headlights you have. If you have the ones with three leds than your stuck. The only way to adjust thess is to shim them as best as posible. Most of the of the other types have two adjustment srews for up/down left/right. I have the same problem you do with the highs and low not lining up. The best solution I've found is to adjust as close as posible and use shims. The adjustment screws didn't really give me that good of adjustment.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I had the HID's in my Dual Halo's and couldn't adjust them, but they were not too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have the stock headlights, so I know it can be adjusted, I'm just wondering if I raise the light so that my high beam is higher, won't that also make my low beam higher? I think my low beam is high enough already, or might actually need to be lower. I hate getting high beamed by other people on the road. I think these H.I.D. kits are not really designed to have a high beam, because I noticed that they sell a bunch of them without it, and the low beam is already pretty bright, however I was just wondering if someone has gotten there H.I.D. kit on the stock headlights to have both their high and low beams working properly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok that makes sense. I'm guessing you have the bulbs in upside down. If you have a bineon hid kit I would say the bulbs are upside down.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Maybe your highs and lows are wired backwards. Your brites are probably on when your lows should be on, try switching the two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.