Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really considering running these. The rim is a 15x8. The offsets choices are 25/20/10. I am looking to go really low one day on coilovers. What offsets would you run? I understand I will have to roll the fenders but what else might I need to do?

·
Registered
869 Posts
i dont know...however, i think you should go with that rim but bigger...like the smallist i would go on aftermarket rims is like 17x8 i think in the long run it you will like this way better plus you'll turn more heads

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
20 in the rear and 25 in the front for a good conservative fitment. thats what id do probably. 10/20 if you wanna push the limits a little.

scotty

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm with Scotty. If you want to go super low stick with 25mm front, 20mm in the rear.

I saw you were going with Tanabe DF210 springs in another thread. If thats all the lower you are going and you stretch tires, you could pull off 20mm up front and 10mm out back.

I have another option for you........

I also read you like older imprt cars from the early 80's. I sell custom built deep dish steelies in offset incraments of 6mm or so. I can get you 15x8" steel wheels in low offsets.

Here are a couple pics of the steelies on my xb. I'm running with a 2.25" drop on Tanabe DF210 springs. The wheels are 18mm offset up front, 5mm offset in the rear. I ran stock 185 tires stretched on and never once rubbed.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f5/3322-pics-rain-downtown-st-paul-mn/

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
you're gonna scrub the fenders big time if you wanna go LOW with the 25/20. I scrub all the time if I set the air too low. I haven't rolled my fenders either since I live around a bunch ******* bodyshops. They don't now what I'm talking about when I say I want to roll the fenders. but the those offsets are the best. you'll flush the rims to the fenders.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
dude DO NOT get those rims. they are hidious!!:D

hahaha. j/k i have them in a 16x9 with 10 offset. and had i gotten the right size tire i'd have little rubbing issues so you should be fine with the 15x8 and 10 offset rear and 20 or 25 front. i'm on tanabe df210s and will be on air within the next few days. where ya gonna get them from?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to eventually run coilovers but I had a bad experience on another car with them and don't know if I want to go that route. 17's out out of the question for me. I really like the look of a wide 15" rim with a stretched tire on it.

Ctruss I really do like that style and I have thought about it. Still might be an option for me.

JDM Jim I see you are from Rockford. You should bring your car into the Chicago area. I am sure you ill find a shop that could do it. I know of a place in Skokie that does real good work if your interested.

Yellow Sub thanks for the pics I really do like the rims and they look great on your car. I was looking to get them from Tuner Shop. Do you know of another place?

Thanks to everyone that has replyed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts