Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm the size of the bulb that goes into the projector on these headlights?

Its not by chance, the same bulb as stock? The factory headlight has two beams, I would assume these might be different? The reason I ask is that I had HIDs in my factory headlights and I would like to keep them if I bought these. (Yeah, I know you arent supposed to put HID lights in these headlights)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ditto. I wanna put my HIDs into some projectors and these look good (especially if colormatched ;) ) Lets get some info!

scotty

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
hey guys

365motorworks has hids for the projectors and has a harness relay to resolve any problems. he has run them in his xB for some time now and no problems and the harness was and may be still a free item for club members. also i bought my sonars here they were fast and reliable. they have good choices too. check club sponser sales for 365 motorwerks thread. ;) ;) :)

Brian one bulb in stock two diff in projector

http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/a...id=5&models_id=180&year=&types_id=12&x=11&y=7

·
Registered
869 Posts
I got my 6000k Hid's from oznium.com for $240 they are awsome! they are plug and play you dont need to do any additional wiring.....i've had them in for a little over 2 mo.'s

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ditto. I wanna put my HIDs into some projectors and these look good (especially if colormatched ;) ) Lets get some info!

scotty
Stop stealing my color match idea foo! :)

Can ANYONE give me the bulb types that are in these headlights? Please?!

·
Registered
365 Posts
9006 for the lows and H1 for the highs. I had these with HID's in the lows for a while but with the lows adjusted correctly the highs were pointed all over the place. I still have the HID's for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested:D ? (4000 K Oznium kit used for a short time)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I dont think I would use the highs that much. I dont even have highs now. I have a set of 6k HIDs now which light everything up just fine.

Did you have to adjust the low beams up because they were too low?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I actually had two sets of these. With the first set I could not get them to adjust to be usable at all and sent them to a fellow xB'er on Scionlife who said he could fix them, long story short I never got them back. Took a chance on a second set from a different vendor and could barely get the lows adjust to be useful (reason I invested in the HID's). Eventually just got tired of the lack of distance and put the stockers back in. Best of luck with your purchase, hopefully it goes better then mine;) .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually had two sets of these. With the first set I could not get them to adjust to be usable at all and sent them to a fellow xB'er on Scionlife who said he could fix them, long story short I never got them back. Took a chance on a second set from a different vendor and could barely get the lows adjust to be useful (reason I invested in the HID's). Eventually just got tired of the lack of distance and put the stockers back in. Best of luck with your purchase, hopefully it goes better then mine;) .
Were the low beams aimed too low?

·
Registered
110 Posts
bulbs

i have those exact projectors and the high beams are H1's and the low beams are 9006. i just got the silverstar ultra's and my buddy has some in Idaho falls on his xb and i cant tell the difference with HID and my bulbs. i only paid 45 bucks for mine but they are soooo soooo bright

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.