Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my 3.0 since feb 28 06 and have noticed a little problem with the alarm i seems to go off if a helicopter goes by if another car with an exhaust goes by if a big rig comes to a stop and u hear the grumble from the exhaust. now i called the dealer they said there is no adjustment for the shock sensor because it is integrated with the motion sensor or some crap they gave me i was just wondering if any other rs 3.0 owners have had this problem. other then that the car is awesome i think it was th best thing i did by tradeing my 04 pw xb for this one well any info will help thanks :confused:

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
the normal Scion alarm doesn't have a motion sensor in it, so you could bash the car up with a baseball bat and it wouldn't do anything. Unless you broke a window, it does have a mic that picks up on breaking glass.
However I'm not sure about the 3.0 they may have some fancy alarm in them since they have a different fancy stereo as well :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it says on the invoice scion security system with radar intrusion sensor but the dealer said there is no adjustment for it it makes no sense almost all alarms that have a shock sensor have a dial to turn down sensitiveity

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Its set high thats why!

My husband and I have two way pager alarms and my husbands goes off when AIRPLANES pass by and its NOT like they're close! :rolleyes:

The RS3 Id imagine is set high bc its public knowledge of whats inside! Its for your "security" ;).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am pretty sure you can adjust the motion sensitivity. I don't have the alarm manual with me but I believe there are instructions in there that explain this. I will look later tonight. My sensitivity is set low. I actually have to reach in and hit the seat before the alarm will go off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck with that. Mine is set too low IMHO, and when I talked to the dealer about it, they looked at me like I had 3 eyes. They knew nothing about the security on the RS 3.0. I'm curious to see if you find a resolve for it. Maybe I should try another dealer.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
blue light? lol Mine used to go off like very minute when i left my dog in it while i was in the store. I even tried not locking the doors and it would still go off. Really annoying.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
i have an RS3.0 and my alarm never goes off.. i dont even think i know how my own alarm sounds like :D... but yeah, i can do anything to it and still wont go off... i even brought it back to the delaer once before and had them check it coz i told them that the alarm was not working... but it was actually working just not too sensitive...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I'll admit they're a bit touchy. In Ally's xA, when Skip is inside we can't set the alarm (if we stop into the grocery store for a quick second) because he'll barely move and it'll go off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.