Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I had a question that I'm hoping somebody can help me with. If I own a 2005 xB and I recently noticed that the new 06 models have the Ipod radio.... If I got the ipod ready radio somewhere, would I be able to put it in my 06?

Hope somebody can help....

Thanks

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
You might but I don't think so because there's a place in the 06 where the plug in goes under the emergency brake and I don't think the 05's have that.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
caden_stargate said:
You might but I don't think so because there's a place in the 06 where the plug in goes under the emergency brake and I don't think the 05's have that.
That is true, but in the 05 there is a square on the dashboard above the glovebox that can be used to mount the iPod connector.

If you want to use the iPod upgrade you'll need the connector cable that runs from the head unit to the actual iPod connector. I have heard that you can't buy this from the dealer. Not sure if that's true or not. I had mine installed when I bought the Box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Pioneer Navi. It uses a connector cable that runs from the head unit to the actual iPod. I dropped the connector in the storage box and keep the iPod out of site.

The head unit control of the iPod is weak at best, but it sure beats the FM transmitter.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The iPod upgrade beats all!!! Whoot!! It's so fun to just use that multi-selector for everything instead of messing with your iPod to change a song.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.