Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I'm currently looking at buying an xB, but due to having to save up some money for a deposit, I have to wait until December to get one. (That, and my fiance is going to help me as a Xmas present.) I keep seeing something about a "new" Scion that will be replacing the xB. I've got my heart REALLY set on the xB, though.

So my question is, do you think I would still be able to get one if I wait until December, or should I forgo the down payment and try to get one before then?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Here ya go!

9/12/2006 Torrance, CA

September 12, 2006 – Torrance, CA - Scion, from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. Inc., will launch two new vehicles in spring 2007 to replace current generation xA and xB.

"The xA and xB will always be very special models for us and have contributed greatly to Scion's success, but we're ready to move into our next product phase," said Mark Templin, vice president, Scion. "Scion is a laboratory for change and we will continue to experiment and evolve to meet the needs of our customers."

xA and xB launched in California in June 2003 and completed their nationwide rollout in June 2004. Since their launch 72,011 xA's and 139,091 xB's have been sold nationwide through July 2006.

Production of the 2006 xA and xB will conclude in December of this year. The two all-new vehicles will be designated as 2008 models when they arrive at Scion dealerships next year

Source: Scion Public Relations Press Room

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As much as I would like to get it now, I just don't think I can. :( There's not a ton of Scions on the road here in New Orleans, so maybe I'll be able to wait until then. I'm wary about going to the dealership and asking them about this, because I really don't want to be pressured.

I also have another question that maybe you guys can answer: If I find an xB on the lot that doesn't have the accessories I want, will they be able to install them at the dealership? I've heard that most people's Scions have to be ordered or brought in from somewhere else, and I know that if I wait until December then that won't be possible anymore. All I need from the get-go is a security system and cruise control. Anything else can wait.

Thanks for all of your answers. You've been a big help. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Talia -

Cruise is an aftermarket item. The dealer, though expensive, can put it on for a price. And the alarm system can be thrown on before delivery, I believe. I'm sure everyone here can give you some insight of the price at the dealer vs. DIY installation. Good luck!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Most dealers have the basic models and then add what you want to them so I would think if you find the color you want on the lot they can hook you up with any adds that you want. Though it's cheaper to add the extras yourself sometimes ppl need them included in the car payment so they have the dealer add them. Thats your call

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, after much discussion with my fiance, and a couple of trips to the dealership (and my bank), I just drove home today with a 2006 Scion xB in Blue Onyx Pearl. :D

I got a couple more accessories than I planned on getting, but Toyota's finance department gave me a good low interest rate, and threw in the extended warranty as well. They also managed to get my payments below the intended budget I had for myself. Now I need to go switch the insurances over, and I'll be driving around New Orleans with my new xB. I'm so excited!

Now to name the car...

Thanks again for all of your help and answers. This forum helped make up my mind a lot.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome to the family! :D

Tomas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.