Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the rear bumper applique themselves?

If so, what was the process?

I just received mine in the mail and want to install it the "right" way.

Would it be the same process as applying vinyl stickers? ie. wet surface, then position the applique?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I would vote for reading the directions but that's just me. It didn't come with any instructions? And I'm not hatin' here but why do you want to put it on? I was gonna get it when I bought my Box but changed my mind. So glad I did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I bought if off eBay so no instructions were included :(

The thought of seeing scratches on the top of the rear bumper would irritate me a bit. Plus it doesn't look "that" bad compared to some other vehicles.

I know its not "heavy duty" and thick but I think it serves its purpose.

To each his (or her) own I guess :cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Drewspeed_xB said:
Well I bought if off eBay so no instructions were included :(

The thought of seeing scratches on the top of the rear bumper would irritate me a bit. Plus it doesn't look "that" bad compared to some other vehicles.

I know its not "heavy duty" and thick but I think it serves its purpose.

To each his (or her) own I guess :cool:
No worries, not hatin' just statin. Does it have a peel off backing? I'm sure if you call the dealer the service department can tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've read that you're supposed to use the soapy water trick. I've not applied one though, so take my words for what they're worth.

How much did you pay?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I used to have one. I just cleaned the bumper really good, lined up the applique, and stuck it on. Mine was slightly off center but it wasn't noticeable so even if it's not perfect perfect, you should be fine. good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries, not hatin' just statin. Does it have a peel off backing? I'm sure if you call the dealer the service department can tell you how to do it.
No harm :) Actually I told the dealer I was planning on getting it and they said they would install it for free :rolleyes: I'm a pretty hands on guy so I know I could tackle this "should be" simple task.

It is the one with the peel off backing. I got it off eBay for $24 + shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.