Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I just got my xB this mornin and took my lights off my old hunk of junk and was just wonderin how yall put them on the box? I just had them zipped tied to my old car... anyone got any pics of the atuall installation (not the lights on but how you put them on the car) id like to see them.

Michael

·
Registered
68 Posts
Howdy,

I just got my xB this mornin and took my lights off my old hunk of junk and was just wonderin how yall put them on the box? I just had them zipped tied to my old car... anyone got any pics of the atuall installation (not the lights on but how you put them on the car) id like to see them.

Michael
1st of all.........Congrats on the box!!!

2nd...That depends on what lights your talking about. My interior LED's, like the ones in the A/C vents are velcro'd on...same with the outer door handles..

As far as my cathodes, those are all zip tied in.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to ClubXB

I have neons under the car. Afraid I don't have any shots of the actual install points, but I would reccomend using hose clamps with a rubber lining to attach them rather than zip-ties. Just seem a little tougher. I'm running 1" (your LEDs may take a different size.) Here's a shot:

You can find 'em at the local hardware store for a few bucks.

I also reccomend using this switch for control:

Looks OEM. You can find it at Lowe's for around $5. In case the 'pic isn't working its in a red package,
Gardner & Bender, model GSW-45.

Enjoy your new box!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never thought of the hose clamps! Thats a great idea... The zip ties worked well but I had to replace them often due to breakage! How hard is it to put a switch on the line and to actually put the switch inside the box... I.E. does it require alot of dissasembling of the dash?

Michael

·
Registered
325 Posts
I never thought of the hose clamps! Thats a great idea... The zip ties worked well but I had to replace them often due to breakage! How hard is it to put a switch on the line and to actually put the switch inside the box... I.E. does it require alot of dissasembling of the dash?

Michael
Switch install at that location is really easy. You pull off the 3 climate control knobs exposing 2 screws. Remove the 2 screws. use a putty knife or similar prying tool at the very bottom of the silver center dash surround and pry it out a little. This will release most of the clips that retain it. Once the bottom is loose using your fingers pull it out rotating it slightly upward till the top is loose. (now it is loose in your hands) Disconnect the wiring plugs and set this unit aside. The storage box and piece where you want to mount your new switch is just snapped in place you can easily pull out on it , undo a couple more plugs and it is in your hands:) The new switch should snap in and with this area aprat access to run wires is good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have neons under the car. Afraid I don't have any shots of the actual install points, but I would reccomend using hose clamps with a rubber lining to attach them rather than zip-ties. Just seem a little tougher. I'm running 1" (your LEDs may take a different size.)
Enjoy your new box!
Did you use two or three clamps on the side bulbs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.