Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
-[bB SQUAd]-
606 Posts
i'm running the pulley and for myself... i dont feel much difference. i felt a more noticeable diff. with the headers. but maybe thats just me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
for acceleration go with pulleys but for power and top end rpm go with headers. i have pulley before it just give acceleration but not alot of power.
then i tried headers give more power than pulleys.

Headers first

pulley second

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm running the pulley and for myself... i dont feel much difference. i felt a more noticeable diff. with the headers. but maybe thats just me.
So what kind of a difference did you notice?

was it power, or throttle response?

low end or high end?

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmmmm

so we have two for two

I did my cat back two weeks ago, and definetley noticed a power difference, and I suppose that grouped with a header, would give more,......

hmmmm decisions, decisions.....

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Lemme put it straight.

The lightweight crank pulley allows the motor to put more hp's to the wheels. Basically, since there's less weight to rotate, you notice increased response at the throttle and roughly 9whp. <-- This is claimed by Agency Power, go look it up. Perrin's pulley is comparable, as there's only a .1 ounce different in weight between the 2.

The header, well, any header for that matter, can roughly raise you from 8hp to 16hp (as claimed by a shady percentage I found floating around SL). This hp increase is at the crank only, and while you do put more to the crank and some can bleed to the ground, you're just creating more power. The 8 to 16hp is how high you are on the power band, and what type of header you purchase.

I went pulley first, and then header. I researched day and night to find the best bang for the buck, and I have been staisfied by this route. Take your pick, whichever you choose, you will be happy either way.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lemme put it straight.

The lightweight crank pulley allows the motor to put more hp's to the wheels. Basically, since there's less weight to rotate, you notice increased response at the throttle and roughly 9whp. <-- This is claimed by Agency Power, go look it up. Perrin's pulley is comparable, as there's only a .1 ounce different in weight between the 2.

The header, well, any header for that matter, can roughly raise you from 8hp to 16hp (as claimed by a shady percentage I found floating around SL). This hp increase is at the crank only, and while you do put more to the crank and some can bleed to the ground, you're just creating more power. The 8 to 16hp is how high you are on the power band, and what type of header you purchase.

I went pulley first, and then header. I researched day and night to find the best bang for the buck, and I have been staisfied by this route. Take your pick, whichever you choose, you will be happy either way.

nice write up:) thank you

ok so did you go with the agency pulley then? and which header?

·
3,453 Posts
I went with Perrin, as I got a better deal on it new.

I picked up a DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic header. I felt the xB was lacking in the top-end as with any civic driver around here I could take off the line.....Until I hit 3rd gear... :p

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went with Perrin, as I got a better deal on it new.

I picked up a DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic header. I felt the xB was lacking in the top-end as with any civic driver around here I could take off the line.....Until I hit 3rd gear... :p
Thanks again

that is exactly the set up I was going for.:)

...I just read this, from another thread...lol...

I've got the DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic Header. From what I've been hearing, you won't net a large gain with an exhaust. MY suggestion? Get yourself a lightweight crank pulley and header. Pick the header you will need most. 4-1 give power in the higher rpm range, and a 4-2-1 gives power in the lower rpm range. In my opinion, there's enough power made in the low band, it's the high band you're gonna need the extra oompf for highway passing. Trust me.
:D :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Perrin Pulley hands down.

·
3,453 Posts
No problem! Glad we could convert another believer!! Marvel in the fastness of our boxes with tha lightweight pulleys!!!! Yay!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.