Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to hook my PS2 up in my box. i have the new style where the lid pops up to put the game inside, so i cant really put it under the seat. any ideas or pics? i just need some ideas of some places it would look clean and it wont be in the way of the passengers.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Mine was put on the hump between the rear passengers on the floor. I do not like it but have not redone it yet. Put it under the seat on drawer sliders so when you want to change games you just slide it out, or be really tricky and have motorized.

When I redo my system I think I am going to put it somewhere else, especially since I never use it. Maybe that somewhere else should be the house????

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like the slider idea it think that would look super good! but how would i keep it secure so it dosent slide out when i stop? its got to be as user friendly as possible

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have the older one, you know the big one not the skinny or thin model. i just hooked mine up and now you can see it on all the tv's and also put it under the driver's side seat right next to the power inverter

the suggestion of molding into or near the glove box would be a good idea

i do like the idea of a pc, does anyone know where that can be done ?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i installed my ps2 in my xb... i didnt go with the under seat idea.. i ended up installing it in my glove box... it works awsome! looks pretty cool 2! i'll have to post some pics on here!

·
JokerBox
375 Posts
the glove box idea is an awesome idea.... i had a honda del Sol and thats where i put it in that.... love it to death, man... in the glove box most def

·
I'm Awesome.
10,701 Posts
James....Where's the Wii gonna go? Okay, but seriously, Fab up some sort of rack to go under your table (by the way I hate that you have one in the trunk). Something like 2 shelves with 2 systems per shelf. If you're handy with fiberlass, I think it would look killer lin fiberglass, or just cover it with black and yellow shag carpet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What will I need to buy if I want to hook up my PS3 and my HDTV to my box? How hard will it be to install them? Thanks in advance to everyones response!

·
EXo Kustoms
115 Posts
i had my 360 in my box for 1 day for a show. Didnt drive with it on but i just put it under the passenger side front seat. I would love to keep it in there full time but with the idea of lowering it and stuff i am to worries and all my games getting scratched to ****...as well and the bumpy ride destroying my 360...would be great if they had a system that could handle that type of ride!!

older nES or super nintendo would be great from the retro thing...i am a huge gamer!!

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
i had my 360 in my box for 1 day for a show. Didnt drive with it on but i just put it under the passenger side front seat. I would love to keep it in there full time but with the idea of lowering it and stuff i am to worries and all my games getting scratched to ****...as well and the bumpy ride destroying my 360...would be great if they had a system that could handle that type of ride!!

older nES or super nintendo would be great from the retro thing...i am a huge gamer!!

One step ahead of you sir :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
i got my ps2 under the passenger seat and where the vent comes though i cut the carpet the run all the wireing under the carpet and the converter is under the dash all tucked and pretty like

·
Registered
152 Posts
You guys do know that a modded Xbox can emulate a lot of these old systems perfectly, right? Anything from the Super Nintendo generation on back has flawless emulation. N64 is hit or miss. You can soft mod your Xbox without even opening the case, although you will need to install a bigger hard drive to hold all the games. Still, it's a very simple process. If you're interested let me know and I'll post links. Oh, and in the meantime Google "Big Ass Emulator Disc". There are 4 of them, I think, covering all the systems the Xbox can emulate. It will even do MAME to let you play old arcade games like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, etc. With the games on the hard drive, you don't have to swap discs so you have more flexibility as to where you mount the Xbox. Mine is under the passenger seat and I've also loaded 70 gigs of music, some TV shows, emulators, and about 75 Xbox games. Total cost was $100 for Xbox off Ebay and $80 for a bigger hard drive.

·
EXo Kustoms
115 Posts
One step ahead of you sir :)

LOL

i have the same Head unit!!

I am going to have some work done on my box (Smashed it up before Christmas) but i thing i am going to have to hook up my super nintendo or NEs. Traffic around my neck of the woods cant get pretty bad!!

Thanks for posting picks that is sweet.

Do you like that unit? great picture and not bad sound but a little short on the options for me.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
LOL

i have the same Head unit!!

I am going to have some work done on my box (Smashed it up before Christmas) but i thing i am going to have to hook up my super nintendo or NEs. Traffic around my neck of the woods cant get pretty bad!!

Thanks for posting picks that is sweet.

Do you like that unit? great picture and not bad sound but a little short on the options for me.
I love the unit, but I agree. With you completely. My sponsor thinks I should keep the one I have, but I am thinking of upgrading to a double din Pioneer with built in Navigation. I really wish I had Navi on mine, and don't feel like spending more money for the extra options. TV Tunner and Navi. Should have been standard. Also multi video out and better screen savers would have been tits.

You guys do know that a modded Xbox can emulate a lot of these old systems perfectly, right? Anything from the Super Nintendo generation on back has flawless emulation. N64 is hit or miss. You can soft mod your Xbox without even opening the case, although you will need to install a bigger hard drive to hold all the games. Still, it's a very simple process. If you're interested let me know and I'll post links. Oh, and in the meantime Google "Big Ass Emulator Disc". There are 4 of them, I think, covering all the systems the Xbox can emulate. It will even do MAME to let you play old arcade games like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, etc. With the games on the hard drive, you don't have to swap discs so you have more flexibility as to where you mount the Xbox. Mine is under the passenger seat and I've also loaded 70 gigs of music, some TV shows, emulators, and about 75 Xbox games. Total cost was $100 for Xbox off Ebay and $80 for a bigger hard drive.
What fun is playing old games, with good picture, ok sound, and a rounded off controller. Games are no fun unless you have to blow on them to get them to work.

:)

(even though I rebuilt my Nintendo 8bit with a new pin connector)

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
i tore apart a xbox and installed it into my glove box, works perfectly fine after fine tuning

1 - 17 of 17 Posts