Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finnally solved the problem with the condensation in my headlights:D ...how i did it is, i placed Silica salt packs that you find in boxes when you buy shoes, or something with metal or electronic that cant get moisture in the box during shipping. well one day it dawned on me those would be perfect for stoping the moisture in my headlights. so far it has worked Great! i highly recomend doing this for anyone with the same problem..... if you have the "sonar" brand headlights all you have to do is pull off the round rubber part that covers the back where the High beam bulb is and then you will see the Gap in between the chrome part inside of the headlight and where the outer part is you place the silica salt pack right in there where you cant see it.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
cool

awsome good work. i noticed my first condensation since installing my sonars 2 months ago. wonder how long before silica is saturated or if heat will be exchanged between package and bulbs to keep it working long time. where ya been?:cool: :cool:

polarproject said:
I finnally solved the problem with the condensation in my headlights:D ...how i did it is, i placed Silica salt packs that you find in boxes when you buy shoes, or something with metal or electronic that cant get moisture in the box during shipping. well one day it dawned on me those would be perfect for stoping the moisture in my headlights. so far it has worked Great! i highly recomend doing this for anyone with the same problem..... if you have the "sonar" brand headlights all you have to do is pull off the round rubber part that covers the back where the High beam bulb is and then you will see the Gap in between the chrome part inside of the headlight and where the outer part is you place the silica salt pack right in there where you cant see it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...

im not sure how long it will last....probably quite a while....if not then i can take the headlight off and wiggle it upside down till the pack comes out, then put a new one in. hey, i bet you have a silica salt pack in a box at your house and you dont even know it yet. if not go to a store and ask it you could take one out of a shoe box. i swear it is THE only thing that really works! im soo happy. its been a crazy week.....if you arent doing anything tomarrow im gonna be in the area and i'll call ya after i get out of church and we could meet at southcenter mall or something.....like after 12:00 cool?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
on the next

use a small needle and stitch some thread through silica bag along seal then put an end over edge of light housing traping it when seal goes back on. you can change without removing lights :D :D :cool:

after 1200 it is. just call earlier to set up meet

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i havent seen any condensation yet, i put the bags in the light, then washed my car.......usally when the light gets wet is when it will fog up. well its been 2 days now and i havent seen any fogging at all.....did you find some silica salt bags at your house????

cool....i'll call you on my way to church around 9:00 am.......sound good

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
not yet but

i have got some somewhere just bought lil girl school shoes. two pair end of sept might still be around. see ya tomorrow.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.