Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Take off the grill, bumper, headlight, wire harness, w/ appropriate tools. 10mm socket/wrench, ext. , philips & small flathead screwdriver.

I went ahead and took out the Projectors, LED, but not the HALO's (just to see how things are.)

Prepare for the oven

In the Oven, 250 F for 5-7 min. (gauge temp. & min.) Easyoff oven cleaner optional j/k I know...it's dirty.

Pull apart Lens/cover w/ your fingers. (do not use sharp object) Be patience and work it. If need be, Re-heat in the oven to soften the seal.

Clean out/off old seal.
Use clear or black waterproof/resistant silicone sealer. (original seal is Black)
Apply seal and run a good bead. Clean off excess run off w/ finger & wipe clean.

After putting the Lens/Cover back on, check the contact w/ Lens and the housing that it sit's properly. I put the housing under a couch cushion, and I added some weight to it so that the Lens/Cover will set firmly on the housing. (Cure time depend's on the product.)

Re-assemble Projectors and LED's

Put everything back as it should, and there ya go!

Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This helps me alot lol thx! i just got halos and i got a show next weekend...HIN in boston who else is goin?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Helpful, a tried and true "shake and bake" method. One addition I want to add to this guys, after doing about 20 different pairs of projectors.

You can use the stock sealant if you like without any condensation problems if you do the following.
1.) Piece the assembly back together.
2.) Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes
3.) Pull it out (use oven gloves because it's still warm)
4.) Immediately squeeze hard with both hands to seal, then open your freezer and keep squeezing with the freezer door open. The cold air will harden/cure the silicon faster. You can go ahead with GE I-III silicon as a precaution if you want.

I'm doing an Angel -> Demon eyes conversion on mine so this will be useful.

Thanks and good job Tgod~!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Do you have to take the ballast out? Because i would hate to screw that part up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
Do you have to take the ballast out? Because i would hate to screw that part up.
Actually you can leave everything in.. the heat is not enough to destroy the light.. Though if you are concerned turn the oven down to 200-225 degrees and baker slower/longer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.