Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

project 400+ hp scion xb under negotiations under go

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  caden_stargate 
#1 ·
yea i been killin my parents to get me an xb for some time now..and it seems this is the year for me hopefully and my plan sheets will actually go to some use.. and the first thing i have decide to do was do the engine works so i get close to my marker of 400+hp..and yes i am gona use the stock engine....negotiations went on today at the kicthen table..it seems there are some caths to the so far final deal which are:

i graduate skool this jan
i go to college
i have to purchase a wrecked or some what of a damage car (and they are not talkin about the xb they mean this as in some 400 dollar bullshit)
i have to find somewhere to put it
and i have to pay for most of the things for the car

this is as the best i have gotten with the so far..hoping as the end of my skoool term comes i can twist some of these rules around..if ya gt any idea please share probably will help me more!!!

#3 ·
dtrain619 said:
Nothing to offer in the way of help........ You know your parents best! Is your Dad into cars? If so, get him in on it too! Good luck with the project, it's gonna be a killer when completed!
he is into as in the afterlook way..he doesn't know anythin thou wen it comes down to it..but he likes to see changes..so that's a plus for me

#4 ·
neo24 said:
he is into as in the afterlook way..he doesn't know anythin thou wen it comes down to it..but he likes to see changes..so that's a plus for me
So that puts him on your side! ;) I would think as long as he plays a part, you'll be good to go. My old man is who got me started modding cars, he's still got some of his old iron ('59 Ford Ranchero, tubbed w/ MT tires, shortened 9" rear end, Lincoln 460ci engine, long tube headers,etc...) Make it a family affair, if your Dad is interested. :cool:

#5 ·
Hey Neo24, I offer a turbo kit for the XB, also I have sold some kits in the us and even England, so mwhatever guidance I can help you with, let me know, I do believe it is very possible to build a 400hp xb, but it will take plenty of atience and money, goodluck..

#6 ·
Ne0, have you researched EL Prototypes yet? Have you talked to showpaojoe of SL? Have you figured out cam configurations (you KNOW youll have to change the cam and some of the interior geometry of the engine correct?) ? Youve done all that background searching I assume....

The 1nzfe is an economy engine built for getting the best gas mileage, not the most power . Maybe if you were working with a different engine (4age,
4sgte or maybe even with a 2zzge or 2azfe) you could do this. It would be MUCH easier doing all the firewall cutting, fabbing, and work there, than to ever try to build up the anti-boost 1nzfe. I assume what you want to do is boost it? Naturally aspirated, bored out and all of that jazz, youll be lucky to get to 200 hp in my honest opinion. Remember, that would be DOUBLING the stock power in an engine without boost. Lets for shiz and giggles say you do boost it after that, assuming you're running on the edge of blowing up your motor and streetability, you MIGHT get 10 psi out of it. Factor that in, and youll never seen 300 hp on a good day my friend.

Ive done TONS of research on this trying to figure something out and so have many others. Talk to Joe of CA that blew something like 3 scion motors with nitrous before figuring out something that worked. His next project will likely be a swap because he knows the 1nzfe and sees that its not a high HP potential engine.

Hell take the 4age or 4gste which would be relatively easier to shoe horn in there rather than build up a 1nfe, and boost the hell out of them! Theyre much more boost ready than out whimpy arse motors.

Do the research here. I dont see a 400 hp 1nzfe rolling around anytime. If it does, itll roll once before it blows up. The engine doesnt have the potential for the numbers you hope for IMO. If you do think you can do it, expect ONLY to keep the block out of the motor and that will have to be heavily modified to go withit. But hey, its your car youll be screwing up.
What would I know anyway, Im just a noob :eyeroll:

#7 · (Edited)
lol..thanks alot for the advice scionscotty...i now wat you mean i saw that problem..but i figured a way to work around this and get atleast 240 out the engine..it's gona b all hell after that for me thou...i really was gona swap..but the thing is i wanna do somethin others wouldn't do not bcause they have a highly knowledge of it not might workin but the fact that they would have no choice but to shut up if it was to b accomplished..i have a highly mind of this going down the drain but hey i am determine to try my best and make it work..it like on the show build and bust."sometimes you make it..sometimes you don't...but don't give up"....but i really thank everyone for their advice and concerns..not like on sl..they all are just doggin the poop out my a-hole...check it out

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99960&highlight=

#9 ·
well i had made my project plan since like nov. i was reading some magazine with a powerful car..don't remember which one..it was one that no one thought it could get that much hp out of...after makin my project plan i looked up the price for some of the products..i got an estimate of atleast 15k..i mean i know i can get some of the money for this project from my job cause they like to see us teeens doin somethin to stay outta trouble...and my parent will give me some money too...so i just figured wit some side jobs and hopefully help of others like psi (wink wink)than i can get this up and rolling..and i am in rush with this project i don't even care if it was to take 3 yrs..just as long ias i get to my goal....

and sorry but i can't let the engine plan sheet info out...i wat pplz to guess wat i am planning to do before i let them know wat i did!!!

#10 ·
im sexyscionlover over on SL. i just doubt its possible and that it can even come close. theres a reason SPEED SHOPS havent got this far. its not like they dont know the stuff or dont have the money, but its realistically impossible to get 400 hp outta this motor. ill be waiting to hear how it turns out and comes out. if you need something 400 hp, go with a different block of different car. thats my theory on it. its like beating a dead horse trying to get that much out of a 1nfe.

#11 ·
it really wasn't you scotty who got me pissed but more of "midtowndesi" but you did get me kinda ticked off when you bashed on me about my typing..it's just the way i type and man i noe i may b young n seem like i don't have a clue but you made it seem like i was a total dum @$$..that was kinda not kool.. even if t sounds lik i don't know what i am doin

#12 ·
I would have to aggree some of your typing is a bit tough to read.

i wat pplz to guess wat i am
Ive read almost all your post and sometimes i have no idea what your saying because your missing some letters here and there.

If you take the time to type a little more clear its easier for members to give you a productive/helpful response which benefits us all.

#13 ·
Yea I agree. Im not directing this at you, but being a Moderator over there, it really pisses me off that people cant take the time to put out a coherent question, and then want a formal answer with every bit of information provided. A lot of the time I dont capitalize, but Im a STICKLER about commas and periods. That shiz pisses me off and makes the member look like a dumbarse in view of the Mods and everyone watching. A lot of the time I wont give the knowledge I have due to the fact that they cant take the time to write correctly, than either should I. Just try to watch it and it makes it easier on everyone if you take the extra 10 secs needed. It will also help your responses (thats another reason youre getting flamed over there. you typed fine here, but over there you type all "gangsta 14-year old". ) You didnt do that much here. Just my .02 on the matter.

SCott

#14 ·
Hey Guys, i just wanna say that if he wants to reach that goal we shouldnt really discourage him, regardless of his age, we all had goals in one point in our life and people telling you they were out of touch probably fueled us to strive harder. Im sure today we all have our wants, there is no question to try to do it would be very expensive, but hey, to each's own. In the next month Im gonna try a few differnt things to see what I can get from my little 1.5, i will keep you guys posted. Just for s*its and giggles, I build 3tc toyota motors, which are 1.8 liter engines, back from 1981, a motor that comes with 75hp stock, we have made as high as 612WHP, which is completely unheard of, granted they are race engines, on race fuel, and that was done with 39 PSI, but street versions on pump gas have made, on average 405WHP at about 28 psi, so anything is possible, you just have to want it bad enough.

Thanks,
PSI

#15 ·
hey srry for that but that's the way i am use to talkin n readin on the net..like on other forums i us teens just cut things short..so like i said srry for you guys not being able to read it well but it's a habit. and take a look at this to if i am bad:

†hï§ ï§ m¥ gÌrL ñ ï g؆ HêR ßåÇk ² †Hå £µLL꧆ ï£ §hÈz §hð؆ïñ µþ †Hå þLå¢ê, ï’m ßrÌñGïñ †Hê ßµLLê†z..§êNd †Hï§ †Ø aLL Ur †Rµ £rïÈñЧ =]

that's from another forum i am on...

#16 ·
Engine building is not my area of expertise, so I have nothing to offer in that arena. But, regardless of whether 400hp can be attained or not, we can still support the cause. You all have alot to offer, keep the good stuff coming. And Neo, you're trying to go to a new level, I wish you the best. And do keep an open mind.

#17 ·
Like I posted on another site. If 400whp was aatinable w/ the 1nz, then it would have been accomplished already.

Why?

The xB has been out for over 2.5 years, and the Echo which also has the 1nz has been out far longer than that.

Also, coupled w/ the ECU which has yet to be broken, are all things to consider.

Not too mention the thin cylinder walls, unless you have sleeves made, and the angle at which the rod and pin are at. Thus the reason why I have only seen 145 whp and 6 psi run on a daily driver.

Stuff like cams, fuel delivery, and such, have their quirks also, but then again what do I know. I'm not a certified mechanic, and I'm no expert, but I have been wrenching on Toyotas since 1981, I ran Solo I and II, ran AFM, and I did a motor swap in a 76 Celica GT Liftback.

#18 ·
squirrel said:
Like I posted on another site. If 400whp was aatinable w/ the 1nz, then it would have been accomplished already.

Why?

The xB has been out for over 2.5 years, and the Echo which also has the 1nz has been out far longer than that.

Also, coupled w/ the ECU which has yet to be broken, are all things to consider.

Not too mention the thin cylinder walls, unless you have sleeves made, and the angle at which the rod and pin are at. Thus the reason why I have only seen 145 whp and 6 psi run on a daily driver.

Stuff like cams, fuel delivery, and such, have their quirks also, but then again what do I know. I'm not a certified mechanic, and I'm no expert, but I have been wrenching on Toyotas since 1981, I ran Solo I and II, ran AFM, and I did a motor swap in a 76 Celica GT Liftback.

Hey do you know anything about Toyota engines? j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.