Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to get some info on these coils.. do these coilsover dont come with rear shocks?.. or does it come with the whole setup?..

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Click on the link again. After the page opens, look for "Latest News." The second arrow is pointing to "Scion coil-over kits xA/xB/tC."

If you want specs, click on the catalog, it has a reference guide. (Haven't done it myself, let me know if it works!)

·
Registered
169 Posts
where'd you guys get your monroes from? did you need anything else to accompany the coilovers? like an alignment kit or camber kit? and do i need top hats?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
No alignment kit / camber kit and top hats come in the kit.

I think I'm the only one who had problems with the Monroe's with this setup. They were to soft as a shock for the soft coilovers, and was bottoming out at every little bump. Had to switch back to OEM shocks...and all is good now!

·
Registered
169 Posts
sweet...i would much rather keep the oem shocks. a little cheaper obviously. are the progress coilovers too soft? does it at least handle better than stock? i would guess so.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i'm running the Progress Coils
and pretty much suffering from them everyy time i drive.

i swapped out the
OEM shocks to Monroe's and pretty much feel the same.

not sure if the fronts are as
bouncy as the rear, so hopefully changing
out the Monroe's rears to HKS rears will improve...

(tip - save your money for better comfort)

·
Registered
169 Posts
well do you have sway bars and strut bars? what makes your car any different from the other people that love their coilovers? where did you buy yours from?

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah...partshippers is definitely where i'm gonna get mine. some place sells em for 500, but i don't trust that price at all. and wouldn't bars help out the shocks? maybe. and i guess getting aftermarket rear shocks might help. someone said that their oem shocks worked better though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
strut and sway bars have no influence on shock performance comfort and ride wise. stock and stock replacement (monroe) shocks are not meant to be run with stiffer spring rates and low ride heights. Run a proper performance shock

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
How many lowered cars have you experienced Zach? I wanna know your expert background because you seem to be the only one that hates them. How low are you riding on them? Mine are slammed and ride soft as hell. Theyre so soft I dont even experience bounce. Im really anxious to see your ride height because either you got faulty ones, have another suspension problem, or have it at a weird height that isnt allowing travel.

Scotty

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.