Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I installed the coilovers yesterday and was able to get everything together except the torque on the top bolts in the front (the guy at Firestone took care of that for me today when I went for the alignment).

One, the suspension is much noisier, is this normal, over rough road? Will this settle over time?

Two, should I have used that rubber gasket piece at the rear that was holding the spring at the bottom? I used the top one.

So far the ride seems fine. It's still softer than my GTi was (had all sorts of suspension stuff on that). I think I need better wheels and tires (on stock now). Then I'll start w/the chassis bars underneath (back to front).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bibbity bobbity bump

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not sure of the progress set up, but I (D2 coilovers) used the bottom rubber between the car and the perch, left the top one on top and I don't have any more noise back there than I used to, except the tires are louder because they're closer and the sound of the shocks rebounding when I go airbourn and the rubbing when I turn hard :D. My guess is, something's not right with what you've got.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems to have gone away, I didn't notice anything on the drive into work this morning.

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks like a photoshop....but the color changes in different lighting and these were taken with 2 different cameras. i daily drive at this level front and rear with absolutely no issues. front and rear are level.

·
Registered
72 Posts
perfect. being this low and honda offset i trimmed some fender liner because it was touching at full lock. i don't touch anywhere at anytime. Not from gigantic bumps, not from turning..nothing.

rides great

·
Registered
762 Posts
i can vouch for the car sitting that low, i was at the smithtown show where those pics were taken :). i was amazed how low it sat. i kept telling everybody "those are the coilovers im going to get. look how low it sits. its not even down all the way, and its only $700!"

·
Registered
339 Posts
yeah, I was this ' ' close to getting those until I saw the D2's on SL for so cheap (someone bought them, sold the car and never put them on). :) Those progress seem nice.

Now I just need that sway bar !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.