Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much it might approximatley cost if i get an new front/rear lip and paint them to match the envy green? really want it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you get new factory front and rear lips. I would charge roughly $325 to paint them. They will take about $150 in materials (you would have about 1/2 pint of base coat color left at the end...assuming things went well and no repainting was needed (crap happens sometimes in paintwork:)..). It will take about 3 hours labor to do the work from mix paint to clean gun.

If the pieces you want to paint are aftermarket, roughly the same cost for the actual paint work would apply. Most aftermarket pieces need work before they are ready to paint, at least priming and block sanding and often bodyworkas well. Costs vary depending on the quality of the parts and type of work needed.

Prices in your area for a "Quality" bodyshop should be somewhat similare giving you a good deal. If I calculated this from book times it could well be a little bit more. I would say that if anyone wanted more than $400 to paint the 3 pieces of factory bumper lip that they were charging too much. None of these numbers would included removal or installation of parts, just the painting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.