Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get so jealous reading other peoples posts about events etc their dealerships hold.
Not mine. Im rather irritated with them. When I bought my xB I ordered a matching colored keyless entry clicker (you know, the keybobs) There was a big display in the lobby that said "Match your keys to your car! All colors and all Scion types available $19". So I said Yay! Cute accessory and ordered one. I also ordered the cargo net. They said 24 hours.

3 days later my husband goes to see whats up. Well my dealership ordered the wrong thing. Wrong color, wrong size. Its only a front plate and he tells my husband that the back plate is a seperate piece we didnt order :confused: He then tells my husband its a moot point because they wont fit the xB (and dont come in black cherry pearl). Evidently from the sign saying All Colors and Scion Types we were to understand that meant, it comes in blue, white and salsa red and only for the xa and tc.
AND to add insult to injury, the cargo net is backordered and they have no idea when it will come in. THEN the parts guy tried to not take the return on the keybob because it was our mistake in ordering the part. All we did was go, Hey! We just bought an xB and like the keybobs in your display! Can we get one in Black Cherry Pearl? And the parts guy said Yes! I will order you one. Grrrr

So anyway. Does anyone know if for sure these keybobs are not available for the xB? Is there any online place with LOTS of cute xB accessories I could shop at now that I nolonger trust my dealership?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Your dealership appears to be undereducated.

The key fobs are front covers only. There is no back piece. They are designed for the xA only and come in red, blue and white only. I do know people who have made them work for an xB, but have not tried them myself. There is no BCP key fob or cover. If you want one, you'll have to paint one up for yourself.

There are many online sources for parts. Check your favorite web forums' classifieds and sponsored sales sections first. Then hit up Google or wherever and just search up Scion accessories.

Sorry for the bad experience. Parts guys don't always equal rocket scientists.

-Alex

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Sorry for the bad experience. Parts guys don't always equal rocket scientists.

-Alex

That made my day! Grizzly Choppers wins the understatement of the year award here on Club xB! I won't even go into the horror story again about the mechanics and parts guys at the place I bought my Box. (Power Toyota Cerritos)

You can look on eBay for almost every part cheaper than what your dealer will sell it to you for. I've even seen the key covers on there. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have made the xA remote cover work. All ya have to do is cut some of the rubber around the edges of the remote on the inside and it will snap right in place. Its a 2 minute mod that just feels cooler when you go driving

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
backseatchris said:
i have made the xA remote cover work. All ya have to do is cut some of the rubber around the edges of the remote on the inside and it will snap right in place. Its a 2 minute mod that just feels cooler when you go driving
Chirs, I heard it improvs gas milage as well. Any truth to that? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEheh you guys are awsome.

I might just try and MAKE it work:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't go to the stealership where I bought my box. I only went there cuz my son got his tC there and was happy with them. Get this... I went there to get a car cover and the parts guy told me Scion doesn't make them for xB's!!!
I will never deal with them again. Don't try and bull**it me. We're Americans and we have computers and we are informed consumers. I wanted to buy my box from the other dealer cuz I'd had good experiences with my Honda's with that outfit(they own a bunch of stores in our area). I had originally applied for credit online and been approved and contacted by the other dealer within 6 hours. I'm still kicking myself for not buying from them.

Moral of the story? If you're not happy with a stealership, look around. There's other dealers that will be happy to earn your business.:)

·
Registered
485 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Chirs, I heard it improvs gas milage as well. Any truth to that? :D
not only do i get 75mpg now, but it also improved my engine power to 280hp. Its a cheap mod that DEFINATELY pays off.:p

·
Registered
30 Posts
dealersip horror stories...hmmm you mean like calling up and asking for the avilability of a TRD muffler, they take I debit card # and when I come in for the service dept to install they say "oh, no they did not charge you for it" and bill me for it on my service dept bill.

the next day I start getting bounced check notices because they double charged me. they made good but still $140 of service charges:mad: [they covered them]

Same service dept played with switches turning on my AIR locking differential [left the diff locked and in 4wheel low did NOT know to flip air compressor on] second time they turned on my driving lights, came home parked and when my wife came home she said my lights were on [it was getting dark then] when I went out I found the covers melted to the lenses and the lenses destroyed. HELLA 500s they replaced the lights, next service no problem then the next time they did it AGAIN they turned them off this time so the covers started to melt but not as bad. now the ONLY time these lights have had his phantom on problem was after going to THIS dealer:mad:

I won't mention thwm because they are a SPONSER of one of the local Scion clubs:(

·
Registered
296 Posts
backseatchris said:
not only do i get 75mpg now, but it also improved my engine power to 280hp. Its a cheap mod that DEFINATELY pays off.:p
Ya I heard the more stickers you put on your car the more horse power you gain!! Something like 10hp per sticker!!! :p I bought my Box and my wifes TC at North County Scion in Anaheim and i never had one problem! I would recommend them if you are looking to buy a scion and live near by!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.