Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the eclipse avn6600 and I can't seem to get the speed sense wire right. I am tapped into the purple wire/white stripes which is located in the speedometer harness. I made sure the little wire splicer i'm using was working ok.. I constantly get the message on the screen saying "Check Speed Pulse"... what could be my problem? the purple/white wire is correct, right? That's what i've concluded after searching this site and scionlife.com.. they say purple/white is the way to go.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
u can also use the purple/white wire in the radio harness the t-tap might be to big for the wire try just crimpin the wire on with a but-connector

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Speed Sensor wire is located under the glove box on the xB's computer. Refer to Rostra's Instruction manual. Check out the Cruise Control Store.com for complete instructions.

·
Registered
352 Posts
yes, but there is also a speed sensor in the radio harness. its there because Scion's have the speed leveling volume which increases the volume as you go faster to compensate for increase in road noise.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That speed sensor wire in the stock radio harness appears to be only on newer models of the xB (2006.5).

Tomas

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem still isnt fixed. im spliced into the correct wire down by the ecu.. i dont know whats wrong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.