Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys ever seen the problem where resetting the trip computer or changing from the odometer to trip A to trip B also screws up the clock too? It's pretty annoying. :(

·
Registered
454 Posts
I haven't had that problem but I could see how it could do that. What exactly happens to the clock?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically what would happen is that the hour or minute would advance. Also it is hard to set the clock as well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ok, I have done that once or twice. It's the way that you press on the button. If I am at an angle versus being right infront of the button. Sometimes, I noticed I would press and "spin" the button causing the time to change. Try to only press the button when the car is stopped. It's pretty stupid but at least it's not hard. Give it a try. Hopefully it helps.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I bought the car used it was like that, but the weird thing is, the "button" is loose, I mean, it freely moves in and out, isn't there supposed to be a spring or something?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Strange. Mine has a little spring to it. I press it and it comes back at me, granted it doesn't go in far but it doesn't move in and out freely. Maybe it's busted. . . check another B when you get a chance, maybe you got a broke one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
that really sucks if it is broke. I'm sure the dealer is going to give you some crap about how they have to replace the whole thing if you want to get it fixed. On the brightside, if you're like me you're only pressing it at oil changes and fill ups. Which luckily isn't too often. . . I hope. Also at least it's not a big problem either.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that really sucks if it is broke. I'm sure the dealer is going to give you some crap about how they have to replace the whole thing if you want to get it fixed. On the brightside, if you're like me you're only pressing it at oil changes and fill ups. Which luckily isn't too often. . . I hope. Also at least it's not a big problem either.
You were right, the dealer has to order the part. They told me they would call me once it is in. This was just one of those annoyances you know? I mean it wasn't a huge deal, but it sure would be nice to not have to worry about messing up my clock whenever I do reset the trip at every fillup!

·
Registered
454 Posts
well at least you got it rollin. . . hope this works out. Most of the time I am doing something to the car so I have to take out the battery so I just stopped looking at the clock all together. . .lol. . . :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts