Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. My previous vehicle was a fully loaded I was wondering if anyone has modded their power outlet to supply power when the ignition is turned off. Just kinda bums me out that I have to keep a wall charger in my dash cubby if I want to charge my phone at work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You could just add another outlet and power it straight from the battery. A guy on the yahoo Scion group added an outlet to that knockout hole on the passenger side cubby hole. He used an outlet from a ATV, its a lot shorter so it can fit in the space. I've been thinking of doing that myself but I can't bring myself to pay $20 for the outlet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I picked up a 5 hole and ran power straight from battery>fuse> adapter.
Keeps phone, computer(laptop),GPS, and what ever else needs.was a time had 3 different phones charging up and an airplane.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....the only thing is that I'm a complete electrical pansy ass. I'm scared to death to mess with wiriing. I really want to do the side-marker rewire,too. I'm just scared I'm gonna mess things up. I've spent too much money on my car to mess it up. In 4 months I've made $1,300 in payments and almost a grand in add ons with more ebay auctions ending in the next day or two. If someone has done either of these suggestions and could show me some pics maybe I could risk it.:(

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
AirecK said:
whats funny is that i live like a few blocks away from Kozmo....and yet we haven;t met in person just on the forums.... lol

we have to set up that photoshoot for all TCMs.....
lol!!!
you know what, i'll start a thread again, here. prolly held on your desert place you took your pictures, what do you think?

·
Registered
485 Posts
just wire the cigarrete lighter to the battery, that will solve your problem right there. just make sure to use a fuse. The whole job would take no more than 10-15 minutes depending on your experience. Id do it for ya for free, but your a bit far for me ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.